HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
There are 2 scopes used. One is a Schmidt and Bender 1.6x6 sniper scope and the other is a Zeiss Diavari DA 1.5x6. I have both these scopes and they a modified duplex with tick marks for leads and they both have DBC turrets.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Were both scopes used on just the G3SG1 or was one used on the 33SG1?

I just received my Zeiss Diavari DA 1.5x6 back from Zeiss being refurbished. To my surprise, they only refurbished the internals. When I contacted them, I thought they were also going to refurbish the external finish as well. I called them and they said they do not refurbish the external finish, only the internals. When I originally talked and paid them that policy or service was not described very well.

I just finished 33SG1 project and would like to get the correct optic for it.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I have one of the few 33SG1 demilled kits complete with wooden case, scope and all accessories. This rifle was a Swiss sniper system and came with the Zeiss Diavari 1.5x6. Both the Zeiss and the Scmidt and Bender are correct scopes for the SG1's.

Were both scopes used on just the G3SG1 or was one used on the 33SG1?

I just received my Zeiss Diavari DA 1.5x6 back from Zeiss being refurbished. To my surprise, they only refurbished the internals. When I contacted them, I thought they were also going to refurbish the external finish as well. I called them and they said they do not refurbish the external finish, only the internals. When I originally talked and paid them that policy or service was not described very well.

I just finished 33SG1 project and would like to get the correct optic for it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
The majority of the SG1's that left Chantilly, whether G3 or 33, left with the Zeiss scope. At some point, Zeiss changed internal components, which led to serious mold in the cement that held some of the lens assemblies together. Next thing you know, all new SG1 rifles came with the Hensoldt unit, and Zeiss replaced all their original units with the Hensoldt under warranty.
Both the scopes, Zeiss or Hensoldt, are 1.5-6x42.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts