HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

While I'm waiting on my USPC, I'm looking around for holsters. I've come across three models from Galco that may be interesting. I only have 2 holsters from Galco, the Miami Classic, and the SOB holster. I love both of them, they are high quality leather, IMO.

What I'm looking at for the HK though, are the following:

The Fletch: http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterG3.asp...2503&GunID=198

The Concealable:
http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterG3.asp...=260&GunID=198

And the SkyOps IWB:
http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterG3.asp...2756&GunID=198

Any opinions on these 3 holsters would be fantastic guys. I dont feel like plopping down 90$ for a holster to have it be junk, and because I'm left handed, it's not easy for me to just run to the gun store and go trying things on. I'm especially interested in the Skyops, due to it being IWB. Any and all opinions are welcome.

Loud

·
Registered
84 Posts
Galco Holsters

Hello Loudcherokee I have two galco conceable holsters. One for a uspc 45 and the other for a p2000sk. I like both holsters there both comfortable and ride well. In the winter months I will carry owb and during the summer I will carry iwb for the most part. Milt sparks makes some nice holsters but I don't feel like waiting 2 years. You can get a mitch rosen express holster in about two weeks. He makes some nice holsters also.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Loudcherokee I have two galco conceable holsters. One for a uspc 45 and the other for a p2000sk. I like both holsters there both comfortable and ride well. In the winter months I will carry owb and during the summer I will carry iwb for the most part. Milt sparks makes some nice holsters but I don't feel like waiting 2 years. You can get a mitch rosen express holster in about two weeks. He makes some nice holsters also.
wow. thanks. I completely forgot about Mitch Rosen. I have a Milt Sparks VM2 for my glock 23, and love it, but I dont want to wait 2 years for another one either, lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the matrix, have always thought about getting one for my glocks, but run into the problem of them being out of stock, because I'm a lefty :rolleyes:

Here's another question....was looking at mag carriers, and have several options. Are the USP Compact mags----

A) .45 Staggered Magazine
B) .45 Single Column Polymer Magazine
or
C) .45 Single Column Metal Magazine

??

I'm guessing Staggered? The .45 I shot had a metal magazine, so it's either A or C, I'm thinking, but that was an older gun.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a Galco Skyops IWB. I wear it almost daily with ease and reasonable comfort for IWB. Only drawbacks I have found so far; a little hard to reholster, but then how many times to you draw your weapon in a days concealed carry; as far as I know they are only made to fit a one inch or 1 1/4 inch belt, not a problem for me, I wear a 1 1/4" all the time anyway.
I have been carrying in this holster for close to a year and a half, and still like it overall...but I keep getting the urge to try a Comp-tac C-TAC everyone raves about so much.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The SkyOps looks pretty good. I just ordered an NSA II from them for my USPc9 and will post to let you know how it works out whenever it arrives.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Concealable is, in my opinion, one of the most comfortable holsters out there, and it works great with a jacket in colder weather, but I've found it hard to conceal with a medium to large frame pistol (larger than a Sig P239 in my case) if you're only wearing a T-shirt or other light clothing in warm weather. I stick with IWB for the warmer months. I really don't think you can go wrong with the Concealable though - I can wear it for hours without it bothering me at all, and the angle of the holster also makes it easy to draw smoothly. It's expensive, but worth the money.

I think the Milt Sparks VM2 is also well worth the money and the wait. I'm waiting for one for my USPc .40 and am using a Galco Summer Comfort until it shows up, which is a poor substitute, in my opinion. My last VM2 took about 5 months, which I was ok with.

Dave

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have three holsters from Galco. The SOB Which save three of my families member lives. And the other two are the Concealable and Miami Classic. The VM2 are as nices.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I run my USPc 9mm in a Galco Fletch. Word to the Wise... Galco does not make a Fletch model for the USPc 9/40. It's a .45 model, so it has just a little play and slop in it. I believe the 9/40 slides are just a hair shorter and thinner than the .45. I also have an ambi decocker and have no problems with the retention snap. Couldn't tell if your's was a .45 or a 9/40.

I know what you mean about being left handed. Choice isn't always about what's best, it's about what's available.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Avenger style

I went in search of an Askins Avenger style holster for a USP45F. I asked around here about the Galco Concealable and Combat Master, and those styles took some opinion hits from at least one owner. I won't wait 26 weeks for Milt Sparks, but I found a place called Wild Bill's Concealment Holsters who makes an avenger style and they're in stock for HK USPs, so no waiting on line 1.

The model is called the Classic Speed Scabbard.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a Galco Skyops IWB. I wear it almost daily with ease and reasonable comfort for IWB. Only drawbacks I have found so far; a little hard to reholster, but then how many times to you draw your weapon in a days concealed carry; as far as I know they are only made to fit a one inch or 1 1/4 inch belt, not a problem for me, I wear a 1 1/4" all the time anyway.
I have been carrying in this holster for close to a year and a half, and still like it overall...but I keep getting the urge to try a Comp-tac C-TAC everyone raves about so much.
I keep thinking I'd like to try that Galco Skyops instead of my C-TAC...

That looks like an SK in your avatar, is that what you're carrying in the Skyops? Galco doens't list a Skyops for that gun, but I'd like to find one.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have been partial to Galco, They use quality leather and craftsmanship. I am looking for a suede lined one for my P30 with the sight tracks on the inside of the holster

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok...I've decided.

I'm going to order the concealable tomorrow, in black, left handed.

Going to look around elsewhere for a good IWB for the summer months though. I'd love to have another VM2, but dont want to wait 6 months. Oh well. There are some good copies out there.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Ok...I've decided.

I'm going to order the concealable tomorrow, in black, left handed.

Going to look around elsewhere for a good IWB for the summer months though. I'd love to have another VM2, but dont want to wait 6 months. Oh well. There are some good copies out there.
Don't forget to get a good belt, if you don't already have one, the Galco Concealable or Cops belts are top notch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Don't forget to get a good belt, if you don't already have one, the Galco Concealable or Cops belts are top notch.
I'll have to check those for an alternative. Maybe for a brown belt. I've got a Tucker gunleather 1 1/2 inch belt already. Been carrying glocks for 3 years ;-)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have always preferred the Galco Yaqui slide. They hold you gun close to the body and last forever. I use them for 1911's as well as H&K's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts