HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Garrett Silent Thunder Slim aiwb for my p2000sk. It is for barrel length 3" and up. The Silent Thunder Slim II is for 3" and under barrels.
The SK barrel is 3.26" barrel. I was looking on the net and read that some people bought the Silent Thunder Slim II and said it fit great.
I was just wondering if anybody had the Silent Thunder II, and it worked or should I just get the regular Silent Thunder made for 3" or greater barrels. Thanks

·
Registered
387 Posts
In the Saddlery (gallery) section, there's a picture of the sk with Garrett's silent thunder slim on page 11, toward the top. It fits very well on me (5-7 & 150#) and fits the barrel about as well as I could want. The barrel is completely enclosed and the holster has an open mouth, to let debris fall out and clear if any gets in there. I think the slim II might be a bit short for the sk, but I have never tried one, so I can't say how it would work. Perhaps another member may be able to answer this one for you. The slim works well for me & I'm pleased with it. Very easy to conceal & easy to draw from.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the Saddlery (gallery) section, there's a picture of the sk with Garrett's silent thunder slim on page 11, toward the top. It fits very well on me (5-7 & 150#) and fits the barrel about as well as I could want. The barrel is completely enclosed and the holster has an open mouth, to let debris fall out and clear if any gets in there. I think the slim II might be a bit short for the sk, but I have never tried one, so I can't say how it would work. Perhaps another member may be able to answer this one for you. The slim works well for me & I'm pleased with it. Very easy to conceal & easy to draw from.
Yeah I better stick with the regular slim instead of the slimII. I would hate for it to be too small. How does it feel while sitting? I have mine in a N82 Tactical that I carry my SK appendix style and since it's not a exact mold of the SK it's kind of awkward sitting. Can you adjust the cant on the Garrett?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Yeah I better stick with the regular slim instead of the slimII. I would hate for it to be too small. How does it feel while sitting? I have mine in a N82 Tactical that I carry my SK appendix style and since it's not a exact mold of the SK it's kind of awkward sitting. Can you adjust the cant on the Garrett?
I have the Silent Thunder Slim AIWB for my P30 and while it fits the P2000SK OK, it's a little tight since the P2000SK slide is a tad wider. But it fits nicely. The holster also fits the HK45c and P2000. It you order one for the P2000SK, you can fit the P30; just tighten the screws.

Yes, you can adjust the cant. It comes with a hex key.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply TooSixy, good to know when I order it will fit my SK and P30 as the P30 is next on my list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts