HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
I saw that listing earlier today - was surprised the seller listed it that way. They usually don't do the whole "super rare unicorn" stuff. And yeah that's definitely an MR556 barrel that was cut down unless they have an 11" I'm unaware of, but the threads wouldn't be bare I wouldn't think in that situation.

Also, the receiver is an MR223 receiver not a 416 - the leading 143 serial number is for their MR223 rifles, 416s start with 88.

I think the rarity comes from it being an A5 upper with the guard for the bolt release being on the upper and having a different barrel nut threading and I believe different piston rod bushing as well

·
Registered
826 Posts
Because it’s 100% German, but 100% built by him.
HKParts had A5 receivers available and there are some places that will machine a German barrel extension to work with the A5 uppers.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yeah I saw that listing a couple days ago. Made my blood boil passing it off as a 416 when it’s clearly a MR223 upper receiver based on the serial number prefix. Some may know better. Myself included but someone who doesn’t could easily buy into it because they didn’t know any better and get taken... I have a feeling the seller is aware of how it’s being falsely presented. If that’s the case, not cool.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yeah I saw that listing a couple days ago. Made my blood boil passing it off as a 416 when it’s clearly a MR223 upper receiver
I think a lot of people just put HK416 even though it's a clone or a cut MR556, just cause it's an HK and it has the 10.4 barrel - I don't know that they are trying to pass it as a genuine 416 upper. I've seen many listings like that - also makes it so they get hits when people search for 416 stuff. Idk, I bought a "416" upper even though I knew the upper was an MR556 and the barrel was a NefArms barrel - I just wanted the BCG lol

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Thar seller has had quite a few HK parts on GB and most appeared to be genuine. This is clearly misrepresented and even the item description is vague. He uses the unicorn phrase in his auction titles often.

·
Registered
402 Posts
"Brand new unfired heckler and koch 100 percent german 416 a5 upper receiver. Email with questions does not come with hand guard or barrel nut"

That's pretty unequivocable. It's one thing to put keywords in your title, but lying in the item description is a ****bird move.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts