HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this board , although I have poked around it for some time. I am a long time HK fan. I bought my first 91 A2 in 1980 for 349.oo . I have bought and sold many HK's and currently shoot Usp's in 40 and 45 . I have some new in box HK preban rifles saved for my daughter. I will likely pick up another 91 used or copy to plunk a bit with. The 91's sure got expensive compared to my early purchases. I did manage to buy some 91's new in box... but sold all of them when the prices were very high. I am on most of the gun boards with the same name.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome aboard. I too am a long time fan of HK that just recently found HKPRO. This site has tons of valuable info. and helpful members.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome Aboard fellow New Guy

I too am fairly new to this forum...but share the same interests as you...I too have quite a few HKs tucked away.....always learning new things about them and always discovering and appreciating the different options and models. Todate I am still and always be the student, however, i would like to share a short story after reading the thread someone was debating on buying a sig or an Hk...made me think of my first HK...I purchased a P220 Sig in two tone...pretty gun, but for some reason I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it..all over the tARGET with only 8 of 12 shots hitting it...at only 7 yards! The range guy said I sucked...and I did. Out in the gun store they had a HK USP 45 MATCH in stainless and black...like the one Laura Croft of Tomb Raider shot (except hers was in 9mm). I tried it and at 50 feet I scored 108/120 all 12 shots hitting the target in the 8-10 rings. Hummm, it didn't take me a nano second to trade the Sig in on the HK Match...Got it for a Grand.....after Tomb Raider came out a couple years later the price on that one went up quite a bit.....
Still got it and shoot it one in a while. Anyway...just thought I would share that story to another newbe! Welcome aboard!
John

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
I too am fairly new to this forum...but share the same interests as you...I too have quite a few HKs tucked away.....always learning new things about them and always discovering and appreciating the different options and models. Todate I am still and always be the student, however, i would like to share a short story after reading the thread someone was debating on buying a sig or an Hk...made me think of my first HK...I purchased a P220 Sig in two tone...pretty gun, but for some reason I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it..all over the tARGET with only 8 of 12 shots hitting it...at only 7 yards! The range guy said I sucked...and I did. Out in the gun store they had a HK USP 45 MATCH in stainless and black...like the one Laura Croft of Tomb Raider shot (except hers was in 9mm). I tried it and at 50 feet I scored 108/120 all 12 shots hitting the target in the 8-10 rings. Hummm, it didn't take me a nano second to trade the Sig in on the HK Match...Got it for a Grand.....after Tomb Raider came out a couple years later the price on that one went up quite a bit.....
Still got it and shoot it one in a while. Anyway...just thought I would share that story to another newbe! Welcome aboard!
John
Welcome, new guy. If you'll look at the left side of the blue stripe at the top of every post, you'll see a date. That is the date the previous post was created. The one you replied to is going on 7 years old.

Just don't think you're being ignored if the original posters don't respond back. But no worries, glad you're here.

·
Pain By Steel Rain
1,364 Posts
Welcome, new guy. If you'll look at the left side of the blue stripe at the top of every post, you'll see a date. That is the date the previous post was created. The one you replied to is going on 7 years old.

Just don't think you're being ignored if the original posters don't respond back. But no worries, glad you're here.
HAHAHA!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts