HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Call me when they hit 20k rounds in a suppressed 10.4" with no bleed off...

And can somebody that knife to me. It looks like a Forged in Fire specimen where the smith lost track of time.

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
If you read the comments on the next post they made about chrome lined barrels, it appears they are also making chrome lined barrels for HK416’s / MR556’s as well!

·
Registered
5 Posts
How many squeezed before an original OTB bolt on an original OTB upper actually needs replacing? Seriously?

·
Registered
5 Posts
How would those Geissele barrels compare in your opinion to original hk OTB barrels? Im asking because I have two and am considering stocking up on parts for the future.

The Geissele 416 chromed barrels are on a 1:1 with original HK OTB 416 barrel specs? or sub? Geissele being the geniuses they are have me wondering...

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
HK barrels are capable of some remarkable ****.

There's some good info here:
https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk417-hq/192466-what-kind-steel-used-hk416-417-a.html

Many here think HK can do no wrong; Geissele enjoys similar allowance for some reason. Neither is infallible but I truly and deeply believe (as do many of their industry peers) that HK barrel manufacturing is incredible. Luckily a weak barrel will likely expose a weak bolt in relatively short order.

Maybe they'll get it right, but somebody else can be the beta tester. However, with their URGi/Mk16 rail issues and the cluster **** that was the Rem 700 trigger release, the common user might just be getting the message that nobody in the industry deserves a free pass.

Stand by for the "I just put 200 rounds through my HK/Geissele build and it's good to go" nut-hugger reviews.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Are we sure they are going to make 416 barrels? I did see the question asked to them but didn't see them confirm barrels will be made for HK416's. I could have missed it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts