HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish I could make this show. I posted this in the other SHOT thread, but if anyone is going, can you swing by Geissele Automatics' booth #15159 and please post a photo of what I hear is a new super killer HK416 modular handguard? Thanks!

·
Vendor
8,218 Posts
Tommy, call me this week and remind me. I'm working an exhibitor's booth this year but I would think I'll have some time to float around the show.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bigdog. That's cool to know buddy. HKBro, CP4895, said...
Tommy,
Yes the new handguards will be at the show. I saw them yesterday at his shop and they are definitely killer. He showed me the one for 416 and another for the M4. I'll TRY to take a photo or two and post them when I get back.
Joe, for sure brother. And I hope you do get a chance to go around the show. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Will longer one be made? This looks like adding mere 1/2" to handguard length. While looking nice, I would use something longer for 16.5" barrel.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will longer one be made? This looks like adding mere 1/2" to handguard length. While looking nice, I would use something longer for 16.5" barrel.
Hi Montrala. Yes, a longer rail would be ideal. Hope to get more info soon but Bill is pretty busy at SHOT. I'll let you know if there will be different length variations.

He did mention the color option of OD, Sand and Black. I should have the rail in the next day or so along with a new trigger offering that falls under his wife, Amy's new corporation. ALG Defense. It's a combat trigger replacement at good price points.

Member CP4895 was nice enough to get back to me with this: the large hole toward the rear is a harden insert for a sling attachment. Its on a 45` angle so it is more ergonomic correct. Two other key things are the small harden threaded inserts for attaching rails on the sides. The other is the bolts that hold the forearm onto the rifle,they can be unscrewed by using one of the lugs from the bolt. Instead of having to use a tool

·
Requiescat In Pace
3,807 Posts
This is an excellent rail system for the HK416 and MR556. Should be the new standard for the rifle. Rounded, feels great in the hand, low profile, just add the rail sections where you need them, QD sling adapter ports, etc. Shot it at the Big Bang demo yesterday. No brainer. There are at least two lengths planned. No mention on unit cost but they have already produced some for some customers so they should be available in the near term. High qaulity work just like their triggers. They also have one for the M4 that uses a different barrel nut and two locking screws.

The feel of the LWRC M6 rail system is similar and maybe even feels a bit better in the hand but they had the ability to modify (round off) the front end of the receiver as well unlike what you could do for an add-on component.

G3Kurz

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
The other is the bolts that hold the forearm onto the rifle,they can be unscrewed by using one of the lugs from the bolt. Instead of having to use a tool
So it is exactly same as on HK416/M27 and incidentally on my MR223 ;)

And I'm now in middle of project to adapt long version of this rail for my HK....

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, G3Kurz! Always great to hear hands on input. Especially coming from you.

They are producing a longer rail version which is in production to fill out a contract order. Once that contract is completed, rails will be available in about 6 weeks.

The HK rail will cost about $345. Not sure if that price point will be the same for the longer version, but it should be in that ball park.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
If this would go together with HK compatible triggers (SD-3G for example).... Stop dreaming Montrala!!! Wake up!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
This new rail system looks awesome and would seem like a great replacement for the standard 416 rail system. Does anyone know if this rail system provides a precise return to zero for lasers if the handguard is removed and then re-installed?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.