HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Details man....don't tease

What is the length?
What is the weight? more or less than factory?
How much?
Who cares what it cost when can I order it?

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Super nice! I'm thinking these will look nice on my HK416 postie as an option for PD's to see when doing demos.

·
Banned
879 Posts
Ok, now the sexy is starting to effect my brain.

I'm starting to want a 12 inch version. Badly.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
I am not a fan of the red but I like the HK logos. I would not mind having one of these if they come in black or the color of the G28.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Geissele designed/produced and delivered this rail for the HK416 for an Army customer. They are now making ready to sell to other customers. They are working on one for the HK417/MR762. This should become the standard rail system for all like HK weapons. It is great in every aspect. I am surprized it took this long to get "threaded hard points" into a slimeline forearm design when HK has had it for years on the G36, UMP, MP7A1, etc. Leave it up to the after market guys to figure it out. I expect a very close HK-made copy will arrise very soon.
G3Kurz

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I am surprized it took this long to get "threaded hard points" into a slimeline forearm design when HK has had it for years on the G36, UMP, MP7A1, etc.
Slimline forearm require removal of gas block sling loops. Ones, that HK engineers are so proud of. I had them on my first MR223, new one does not have them and I do not look back. But to adopt slim line forearm as factory standard HK must make "mental good bye" for loops on military version.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Slimline forearm require removal of gas block sling loops. Ones, that HK engineers are so proud of. I had them on my first MR223, new one does not have them and I do not look back. But to adopt slim line forearm as factory standard HK must make "mental good bye" for loops on military version.
Montrala: I am always impressed with your "inside" knowledge about HK. Funny thing how proud the Germans were about that "multi-purpose" HK416 gas block with sling loops, folding sight mount, bayonet stud and gas cylinder/port. And then the very first HK416 10" customer milled them off to save a few grams (grams are ounces, ounces are pounds as they say). They also pushed for the lighter barrel profile that came later. Nothing lost in losing those loops if it means losing much more in the weight and heft of the rail system and front end weight of the gun.
G3Kurz

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Details man....don't tease

What is the length?
What is the weight? more or less than factory?
How much?
Who cares what it cost when can I order it?
Sorry Bray, the one thing I know about Bill is that he won't release anything until it's good-to-go. Timing for the masses isn't as important because his belief is that when it's proven and good enough for his contracted clients, "the cream will rise." That's his belief. And I have to agree if you're name is going to be on it.

If I get more info, I'll make sure to let you all know.

·
Banned
879 Posts
Which version is the sling loops on?

We do not have them on our 416's.
Sling loops are on virtually all 416 models with few exceptions. (i.e. yours)

Sling loops on the gas block of a free floated rifle are retarded.

·
Registered
210 Posts
OMG... that's just sexy... I'd buy another rifle just for that... Subcribing to keep up with the updates...

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bill says they should be available soon. Then they'll switch production to the M4 hand guards. Those are the ones in the photo with two screws. If I get one within the week, I'll post pics asap.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Funny thing how proud the Germans were about that "multi-purpose" HK416 gas block with sling loops, folding sight mount, bayonet stud and gas cylinder/port. And then the very first HK416 10" customer milled them off to save a few grams (grams are ounces, ounces are pounds as they say).
The beefed up Mr556 gas block which lacks the sling loops and bayonet stud weighs more than the earlier 416 gas block without the adjustable gas setting, but with the sling loops and bayonet stud. Goofy. Especially since the reason is the Mr gas block is based on the adjustable 416 block, but without the adjustment parts.

Sling loops on the gas block of a free floated rifle are retarded.
Amen.

·
HK Nut Extraordinaire
414 Posts
I'll post some photos when mine gets here. I'm super excited about the rail system, it should make the rifle a lot more nimble for 3 gun! It will also help for quick bracing against barricades and random positions. Bill hit a home run with them, for sure...

1 - 20 of 81 Posts