HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky enough to get a couple of HK416 rails from Geissele that were left over from a contract. I was familiar with the prototypes and they made some improvements such as the QD cups at the 10 and 2 position on the production ones. Here are some pics showing it's dimensions in relation to the factory rail and weights. The price was in line with the AR versions already released.

Installed, off the gun, and the factory HG

Width comparison

Height and length comparison

Terrorist view

Showing the cut off sling loops and proximity to the gas block

Both the HK416 factory rail and the Geissele weight 12.6 oz. With the Geissele you add in 2 QD cups and an inch (+) of handguard. When you add all 3 accessory rails/screws the Geissele comes in at 14.6 oz., which would be less than the factory rail with two QD mounts.

·
Registered
220 Posts
This is the exact set up I am looking to make my MR556. I want to cut the barrel to just past the length of the rail. Is that a standard 10.4 inch barrel? If so, I am confused how a 10.5 inch rail wouldn't cover part of the flash hider. Any close up pictures from the side where the rail ends and the flash hider begins?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doddste,

I will try and take a picture of the side today. The rail is made to accommodate a Surefire 212 suppressor so that is the amount of clearance they left.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Very nice, M4! Bill mentioned that the OD will only be available if there are enough people wanting it. For now Sand Matte and Black are the only soon to be available options.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Doddste,

I will try and take a picture of the side today. The rail is made to accommodate a Surefire 212 suppressor so that is the amount of clearance they left.
Thanks a lot. I have an M4-2000 going on the end of mine. I am affraid to get the barrel cut down and then run into problems with the supressor contacting the rail. I will probably just wait until these are released before I send it off the get shortened.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I emailed geissele awhile ago for info, are they really backed up or just slow?

·
Banned
879 Posts
Some people like a smaller forearms/grips.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts