HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
You are welcome. Now, a question. I have one of the newer MR556 rifles that came with the new 13-13.5" Mlok rail. Is the Geissele rail enough of an upgrade to justify the cost considering what I already have. Of course, any discussion of "worth the cost" when talking about one of these rifles is kind of silly, I suppose. 😀

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are welcome. Now, a question. I have one of the newer MR556 rifles that came with the new 13-13.5" Mlok rail. Is the Geissele rail enough of an upgrade to justify the cost considering what I already have. Of course, any discussion of "worth the cost" when talking about one of these rifles is kind of silly, I suppose. 😀
Well, that's only for you to decide, but mine is on the way.

Check out this handguards comparison I made some time ago, I took some pictures.

Link:
HK MR556 / 416 Handguard Comparison - H&K Stock...

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,780 Posts
For me, spending nearly $500 to replace the factory HK Mlok rail with the new Geissele rail wouldn’t be worth it. If you had an old MR that came with the short quad rail or the proprietary HKey mod handguard, it might be different, but replacing one Mlok handguard with another doesn’t seem to offer much improvement for the money. My feeling is that the HK rail is robust enough to handle daily usage for most people. YMMV.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here we go...

Here it is next to the original HK handguard that came with the MR556

_MG_8281-2.jpg

Really tight fit, there is no gap and no wobble what so ever. Here are some detail shots.

Top view

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

Front view

Here is how it compares to HK M-LOK handguard and the previous Geissele SMR

See how much room there is inside the rail on the sides

Detailed shot to show how it fits around the gas block

Here is how BCM covers fit in the M-LOK sections

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,190 Posts
Personally I prefer the original HK quad rail - I find myself re-positioning a bipod or fore grip more often than anything. Side rails with covers are fine by me but I have large hands. My 2 cents.

Second favorite is the Remington Defense - need to add rails where you want them. Since no longer in production I suppose not fair to mention. Surely some enterprising outfit is going to get the cnc machine files out of the bankruptcy / new Remington and make them again.

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,190 Posts
mabe it’s just me - I would like bottom and top rail with Mlok sides - look what just arrived from HK - long quad rail for my MR762 - so it looks like a brother to my SCAR 20s - Sorry I guess I’m kind of highjacking this thread for a different idea.
395637BA-D9E8-4BD1-ABD0-584EAD0E4CCF.jpeg

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
mabe it’s just me - I would like bottom and top rail with Mlok sides - look what just arrived from HK - long quad rail for my MR762 - so it looks like a brother to my SCAR 20s - Sorry I guess I’m kind of highjacking this thread for a different idea. View attachment 299187
Nice! Congrats on the new rail. MR762 or MR308 LOL is on my wishlist, but I will probably end up getting a Geissele handguard for it as well.

Regarding the Remington RAHG, you can still get them on HKparts, they have them in stock both black and tan going for $1000. However, I read on here that people had problems with them not fitting right, so I didn't even consider it.

·
Registered
777 Posts
That's a big no from me... I actually like the look and feel of the OG SMR rail...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts