HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: 11.21.2012

If anyone else would like to order a Geissele trigger, please place any orders through their website moving forward. Please note, Bill said there maybe a price increase moving forward this December.

Geissele Automatics - Quality Triggers for the Warfighter and Competitor - HK Triggers

Here's another group order listing for the long awaited full-auto 416 triggers converted to semi-auto for the 416/MR556. GA doesn't get to do these often. They usually only have a few parts left from FA contract orders. So he says now they have them again....

From Bill:
They actually came out of milling yesterday so it shouldn’t be too much longer. If you could do me a favor I would appreciate it. Could you tell the guys that we don’t mean to string them along but these contracts take precedence.
If anyone has been trying to follow or even get their hands on one for the last 3-4 years, you know it's pretty damn hard. So post here if you want one. PM me your full name, phone # and email. They will contact you once they are ready to ship.

SSA: Automatic triggers converted to semi auto: $375

SF: HK416 automatic trigger for select-fire lowers: $360

Sorry for the bad cell phone pics.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
For all you select fire guys, you can order the standard Geissele SF HK416 trigger which is $360. I'll update the main post.

4) DanA: SF Trigger X2

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
I guess there is a difference between a 416 and M16 S/F trigger and a MR556 and AR S/A trigger? The reason I ask I just purchase a SSA trigger from Geissele for my M16 and it was less than what you have noted and I know Brownells sell the S/A version a lot less than what you have posted. Sorry to side track, but curious.

BTW - It is the best trigger system I have ever installed and used in a M16 or AR!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I guess there is a difference between a 416 and M16 S/F trigger and a MR556 and AR S/A trigger? The reason I ask I just purchase a SSA trigger from Geissele for my M16 and it was less than what you have noted and I know Brownells sell the S/A version a lot less than what you have posted. Sorry to side track, but curious.

BTW - It is the best trigger system I have ever installed and used in a M16 or AR!
The standard Geissele SSA trigger won't work in the MR556--it won't properly disengage the firing pin safety.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Anyone have instructions on how to change these? I bought 2 from my local PD(yes they are semi autos they purchased the wrong ones apparently) and am going to install them tomorrow weather permitting.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Anyone have instructions on how to change these? I bought 2 from my local PD(yes they are semi autos they purchased the wrong ones apparently) and am going to install them tomorrow weather permitting.
Take the hammer out first THEN the trigger...LOL

The procedure is similar to a standard FCG. I can't remember if they come with an assembly pin or not. It's not a hard task.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Take the hammer out first THEN the trigger...LOL

The procedure is similar to a standard FCG. I can't remember if they come with an assembly pin or not. It's not a hard task.
I am sure I can do it. Nothing is ever that hard if you apply yourself. These did not come with the instruction sheet that all my other G's have come with. (PD said they lost them) so I was mainly wanting them for reference if needed.

I remember my first 21E feed mech disassembly. Never have I seen so many parts go in so many directions. It got fixed eventually and I am only slightly balder.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
PB you got me curious so I got my 556 out of the bag(on a business trip but plenty of flat land and nothing to do tomorrow) when the Geissele goes in do you retain the silverish plate?

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
PB you got me curious so I got my 556 out of the bag(on a business trip but plenty of flat land and nothing to do tomorrow) when the Geissele goes in do you retain the silverish plate?
I assume you mean the retainer plate on the side of the HK hammer? Or the bridge that protects the disconnector? Either way, they all have to come out. I'm fairly certain the bridge can only be used on the OEM fcg.

I'm sure this goes without saying, but don't mix up the HK and Geissele hammer/trigger pins as the HK's are not interchangeable with standard/mil-spec type fcg's (or Geissele) because of where the recesses are on the pins.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
I assume you mean the retainer plate on the side of the HK hammer? Or the bridge that protects the disconnector? Either way, they all have to come out. I'm fairly certain the bridge can only be used on the OEM fcg.

I'm sure this goes without saying, but don't mix up the HK and Geissele hammer/trigger pins as the HK's are not interchangeable with standard/mil-spec type fcg's (or Geissele) because of where the recesses are on the pins.
I never mix parts. I was unsure on rather the retainer plate (thanks for the correct name) was reused or binned. I will find out tomorrow if I screw the pooch or have smooth sailing. AAR to follow.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Yea..it was very easy. No worries at all, it took longer to get the pins out then it did to install.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts