HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my thought.

I use my duty weapons almost never and at most I may break leather or pull your AR from the center rack, but for the most part my duty guns are pampered.
I play Airsoft monthly with partnering POs and we beet the living hell out of our guns! I did a barrel down endo into the dirt and the Little 400 buck Airsoft gun was operating without a hiccup!
So here's my thought, Japan and Taiwan are the primary countries of design and manufacturing and they have no real firearms. Airsoft started YEARS ago in Tokyo when my dad was first was stationed there in the early 90s. That means they have had over 20 years to figure and get picky about who has the most dead accurate clone parts and firearms. Asians are suuuper picky about perfection in their hobbies. Look at kwa and ares company or umarex. Sh*t is perfect copy and most of the parts are made from 66 nylon with carbon re-enforcement. Blows my mind! And to make it better the guns disassemble almost the same to! So please I would love for a good debate to take place over this.
Let's start the descusion on the difference between the Airsoft g36 idz stock and the factory HK idz stock. How is one better than another? Please bring up any points you at have!
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
When it comes down to it you are comparing something lobbing out plastic balls at relatively slow speed to a firearm firing projectiles at the speed of sound via tiny explosions. Dunno how much you can compare the two. That said. Some guys on weapons guild have converted some glock airsoft frames into real pistols in both 9mm and .40 without issue. I dunno about the plastic used on the airsoft g36 stock but a lot of the airsoft guns have a plastic that is fragile and unlike firearm polymers.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Generally, I do not do this since airsoft products are made for toys and we all know firearms are not toys. The exception here at least for me is twofold. First, this stock is either no longer made by B&T and if it is it is very, very hard to find since it is so popular for a PDW and if you could find one they are too expensive. Second, I cannot tell the difference in material or torque(twisting) resistance/ruggedness in this item and my HK UMP stocks. It is some type of nylon/polymer not plastic. As purchased, this stock will not fit an MP5 so I milled off the endcap and attached it to a PDW Choate steel end plate with a buffer and it works beautifully. I also modified the Fleming handguard to accept the Israeli front rail and grip. That ain't airsoft! Keep in mind this is only 9mm and like I said except for the rubber cheek region on the UMP no real difference. I would not use any other airsoft parts other than some furniture and mos def not on any calibre stronger than .45 acp. To do so is foolish IMHO. Now, having said that I know I'm gonna burn in Hell!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Great job on the stock. I would do the same thing since the B&T version is so expensive.

Would you mind posting a close up pic of the mounting area between the Choate and airsoft stock? I would love to see how you put it together.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
A lot of airsoft guys will use "real steel" parts on their guns. This means real firearms furniture and glass/optics/BUIs. With all the licensing going on nowdays and use of polymers (see Magpul) a lot of the stuff isn't really all that far off the quality of the real deals.

The next big thing is some airsoft guys are pushing to use blowback powered guns for training purposes, so no low/mid/high cap magazines.

Personally I think for training purposes airsoft is great. More power to you if your product can go out and help LEOs so when they hit the real situation they are able to be better prepared.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
I will grant you that folks in Japan are very picky about the looks of their airsoft guns....again, LOOKS of their airsoft. I can't think of an Aimpoint, ACOG, or Knight's rail i've sold on Gunbroker where the same Asian kid emails me and asks: "Hi, can I bid yours?" So yeah, their hung up on the looks all right. From what I've seen, some MK12 Mod 1 airsoft guns have the correct KAC phone number and 416's have the same warning on the magwell.

All that said, if the same FEEL (weight, dimensions) can be replicated, I am all for it being used as a low-cost alternative to SIMs for LE training. The biggest "con" to the airsoft scenario training being the "I shot you; no you didn't" school yard arguments that can result. And i'm not sure what we are "debating" here, but I don't think that any airsoft part, even polymer furniture has ANY business on a serious use/duty weapon. I really don't think we can compare parts manufactured in Germany by folks with generations of pride in producing quality weaponry to a toy produced by laborers in Taiwan.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i say beat on it and if it doesnt break and cost less, more power to you. i have 2 m-forgeries that have rails. one is a real KAC and the other i picked up for 20 bucks at a fun show. i thought i would try it and see. well, the 20 doller rail has been put through a bunch of matches in bad weather, dropped and beat on etc. my KAC , well,,,, i baby it, cuz its nice. point is, the 20 doller one has never let me down in any way shape or form.

now VFG's thats another story. i have a grip pod and i have picked up some fake ones at a fun show and they feel like toys that will break just from recoil.

·
Registered
111 Posts
can you think of any way to get this stock to work on a full size mp5.

I have a CA94FS and I am dying to get a B&T folder for it, that is if one can be found.

I like the price of this stock, I just need ideas on how to fit it to my mp5

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.