HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think that the German proof HK45/45c's and even the P2000's will rise in value kind of like the P7? I understand the P7 has a different story, but do you think since HK45/.45c's aren't made in Germany anymore that the German proof ones will rise in value in the future?

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
A German made 45C will always be worth more than a US made one, but not by a significant amount. Most, not all, here would pay a small premium for "made in Germany.". They are still importing some of the 45 Compacts.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Most of what I hear is they have stopped importation. I think this is true of the HK45, but not the 45C. I just saw a new 45C with "DE" today at my local store -- they just got it in from HK.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Some people place a premium on such, as they're perceived to be of a higher build quality, being completely manufactured and assembled in Germany, among other reasons.

It's a perception of my own as well in many cases.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whats the correlation between proofing and gun value?
This------>
Some people place a premium on such, as they're perceived to be of a higher build quality, being completely manufactured and assembled in Germany, among other reasons.

It's a perception of my own as well in many cases.
I started a thread a while back to see if there was any differences in the USA HK's or if anyone preffered Germany HK's over USA HK's. I got alot of insight and there was more people than I expected that did place a higher premium on the German ones. But in this thread I'm wondering if when the German HK45's dry up will people pay higher to get their hands on one.

·
Registered
571 Posts
There will always be someone willing to pay a little bit more, as there is always someone who holds such an opinion.

Although, I don't think it's the sort of thing where we're talking *that* much more money, or that one should consider as an investment in that regard.

But you also have to consider future prices and availabilities as well.

Taking SIG for example, there are many people that prefer the classic, non-railed versions, and will pay a premium for such, but this is generally only when dealing with used pistols.

NIB old stock examples of these models fetch prices that are less than their current retail counterparts. The exception to this rule is with more rare or discontinued models (factory nickel, P228, etc.) and even then, they're generally around current retail.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
While I understand the premise behind the OP's question, I have a German and a "US" HK45C. Except for the markings, I caan find ZERO differences between the two; to include shooting.

IOW, pay a premium for a "DE" pistol if you choose. But it won't be any "better".

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Most of what I hear is they have stopped importation. I think this is true of the HK45, but not the 45C. I just saw a new 45C with "DE" today at my local store -- they just got it in from HK.
I'll bet you it was new old stock. They may have just gotten it in, but it is not of recent manufacture. HK DE is no longer making or importing the HK45C. I have a consecutive SN HK45C set made in DE that I got a few months ago, they were made in 2009 and the dealer got them direct from HK the day before sending them to me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Now what exactly does "DE" mean? Deutschland... German made? I picked up a USP today that says "DE" on the slide, none of my others have that.

(sorry for the slight "hijack" but it seems relevant to the OP's question)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Well what the heck I guess I'll throw in my 2 cents into the mix. I feel that any new/wanna be "HK Owner" would like to feel that they are owning a handgun that was born and breed from fatherland that was manufactured & proofed and (Made in Germany) would bring some good money as far as "Top Dollar" time will tell however, you know what they say "there's one born every minute". I do agree with Uriah in reagards to his example ie. Sig P228 triple serial numbered & proofed since this model is no longer made however can be bought and/or different model replacing others thereby achieving what some might call a "Cult Status" thereby atracting "Good Money maybe Top Dollar".

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Now what exactly does "DE" mean? Deutschland... German made? I picked up a USP today that says "DE" on the slide, none of my others have that.

(sorry for the slight "hijack" but it seems relevant to the OP's question)
DE is the German export mark/code. It is on pistols exported in the last few years.

·
Registered
765 Posts
It depends on how much QC HK GMBH maintains over HK-USA Inc. Only time will tell.
If typical American business models of cheaping out on material and manufacture methods get a hold of the company, the domestic guns will go the way of non-Italian Berettas and non-German Sigs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts