HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, All:

I was fortunate enough to locate and purchase a pair of very lightly used (if at all based on condition) HK45s.

US Made is a v7 (BD date code), German made is AI date code with stag antlers and all.

I want to use one for range work, backup for hog hunting and house gun. My question is, should I keep the German one stored away and just shoot the US one, or just put them both to work?

Thanks in advance....

·
Priest of the P7
4,797 Posts
Shoot them both, that's what they're for. How else are you going to feel supercool emptying two 45s at the range, one in each hand?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shoot them both, that's what they're for. How else are you going to feel supercool emptying two 45s at the range, one in each hand?
Which is why I bought two...dual wield like Master Chief ;-)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd use the german for the house or just store in the safe and use the US made one for everything else.
Thanks! That's what I was thinking, too. So figured I get input from the HKPros to see what y'all think.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would trade one of the HK45's for an HK45c and cover variety, but that's just me. No matter what - you can't go wrong

·
Registered
348 Posts
Shoot both. Maybe set them up with different sights and/or triggers if you want then to offer something different from one another.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Keep one loaded and one for dry fire. Just have to tell yourself your gun is loaded when you are done dry firing.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would trade one of the HK45's for an HK45c and cover variety, but that's just me. No matter what - you can't go wrong
I have an OD 45C for CCW, prefer the full size for fun shooting.

·
Registered
332 Posts
not like you have a couple of P7M13 NIB . sell one and buy the USPf/USPc 45 or the HK45c . my biased opinion would be the USPc 45, or keep both and shoot the F_ _ k out of em !

good luck on your hog hunt !

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hks were made for shooting.
I've got a few, including a NIB USP Elite 45 and NIB SP5K 9mm.
All my guns get shot.

Shoot and enjoy your HKs :biggrin:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would probably shoot the us made one and keep the German one pristine.

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
just shoot them both. they are both essentially made in Germany. The US guns were shipped over in pieces and assembled (for the most part) here.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts