HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, All:

I was fortunate enough to locate and purchase a pair of very lightly used (if at all based on condition) HK45s.

US Made is a v7 (BD date code), German made is AI date code with stag antlers and all.

I want to use one for range work, backup for hog hunting and house gun. My question is, should I keep the German one stored away and just shoot the US one, or just put them both to work?

Thanks in advance....

·
Priest of the P7
5,426 Posts
Shoot them both, that's what they're for. How else are you going to feel supercool emptying two 45s at the range, one in each hand?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shoot them both, that's what they're for. How else are you going to feel supercool emptying two 45s at the range, one in each hand?
Which is why I bought two...dual wield like Master Chief ;-)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd use the german for the house or just store in the safe and use the US made one for everything else.
Thanks! That's what I was thinking, too. So figured I get input from the HKPros to see what y'all think.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would trade one of the HK45's for an HK45c and cover variety, but that's just me. No matter what - you can't go wrong
I have an OD 45C for CCW, prefer the full size for fun shooting.

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
just shoot them both. they are both essentially made in Germany. The US guns were shipped over in pieces and assembled (for the most part) here.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts