HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around on this forum for a while, I have had a USP .40 and loved it. Didn't realize how much I liked it until I didn't have it and I shot and bought other guns. I'm going to purchase a HK 45 in the near future so I have been looking around here trying to get as much info as I can. What I don't understand is, what is the difference between the US model and the German model?

Thanx for the great site.

Jim

·
Registered
866 Posts
In my opinion, nothing. I have owned both versions and they seem to be the same. I understand that the Hk45/45C frames are made here and the rest is made in Germany so IMO, Hk is an Hk no matter where it is made.

·
Registered
512 Posts
In my opinion, nothing. I have owned both versions and they seem to be the same. I understand that the Hk45/45C frames are made here and the rest is made in Germany so IMO, Hk is an Hk no matter where it is made.
+1, I've owned both the German and now own the US of the HK45 full size. Markings on the side is the only thing I can see.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Is there any price difference?

·
Registered
117 Posts
while being the same model only made in different places, their should not be any price difference but some times their is with different models.

They should be the same price but sometimes the German made ones fetch a little bit more. but they are the SAME as far as I have read and been told.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
while being the same model only made in different places, their should not be any price difference but some times their is with different models.

They should be the same price but sometimes the German made ones fetch a little bit more. but they are the SAME as far as I have read and been told.
Dessy is right, the purist will pay a few bucks more for German ones.

·
Registered
881 Posts
+1 I agree. I have owned the US and German models and the only difference I see is the marking on the slide being a bell instead of horns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts