HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I read through the FAQ and a few threads here but I still have a couple of questions.

I'm a currently 32 married with 2 children, stable job, etc. Havent had any issues with the law for a long time.

When I was 15-16 I used to get into a decent of amount of trouble and had a few arrests. All of my cases were dismissed and sealed. I also have a motorcycle speeding incident that got me locked up at 17 but that was also dismissed and sealed.

I tried getting my gun application about 10 years ago, but getting my arrest information from that office downtown was a nightmare. They would not do anything over the phone, so I had to take days off from work to go down there, and when I did go down there they gave me such a runaround that I ended up giving up saying to myself they do this on purpose so people can't get a license.

My friend recently told me a lot of the gun application process is digital now and a lot of the information can be gotten online. Can you guys guide me on what the best method would be for me to get my criminal arrest record which is completely sealed and all happened under the age of 18. Is there a way for me to get this easily now, or is it even possible to skip getting it? My friend told me that they can look up all your information online so you don't need to go looking for specific records.

Anyway your help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
honestly this isn't something any of us here are qualified to answer. As for being digital, that's unlikely. The form is PDF, but it's all paper still as you print it out. You're better off hiring an attorney who's specialized in this area for assistance.

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
Meh. With all the BS about owning a firearm in NYC, I'd just move out to Long Island, or an hour or two Upstate. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of money it costs to shoot the thing at indoor ranges in the City.

The Metro-north rail commute into the city is quite easy, and relatively inexpensive. The money you save on rent will pay for the commute, for sure; and you can own better guns.

Unless you are looking to carry a piece to work every day, the city isn't very gun friendly on multiple levels.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Moving to CT is also an option. $90 for CCW and it's practically a Shall-Issue state (as of 2006) as long as you're not a felon (obviously).

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
honestly this isn't something any of us here are qualified to answer. As for being digital, that's unlikely. The form is PDF, but it's all paper still as you print it out. You're better off hiring an attorney who's specialized in this area for assistance.
Words right out of mouth. Get an attorney to cut through the crap if online does not work. Please keep us in the loop. I didn't even know you could get a cow in NYC unless your brother was mayor of the city.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts