HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
About 19 years ago I picked up a P7M8 and fell in love, but so did my wife and she claimed it. Since that dreaded time I have to ask to shoot it, but no more. I work part time in a LGS and a good condition PSP walked in and she said to put it in layaway so I did. I am about 1/2 way to owning it but I have a few questions about things I want to do since the finish is ok, a bit of finish work needed and a refinish, sights, and grips and I will make my own holster.
1. Finish-I used to want a hard chrome finish but now I am not so sure. With Titanium Nitrite being n black and or silver I am thinking that it may be the way to go. I would appreciate your ideas and suggestions?
2. Sights- Is Trijicon still the only game in town for night sights?
3. Grips- I want to put some wood grips on the PSP, is there other wood grip manufacturers besides Nill?

I appreciate any info, advice, suggestions and or pics that can help me out and make this journey a bit more educational.

·
Registered
360 Posts
First, your wife is a smart woman.
Second, I personally love the hard chrome finish on any P7....My P7M8 was hard chromed by Mahovsky's Metalife. It's a matte finish that is just awesome. There are others who do hard chroming so do your research.
Third, I believe Trijicon is a better choice anyways as regards P7 night sights but I'd ask around the forum if anybody knows some other manufacturer out there.
Fourth, there used to be a company that made custom grips for all guns including P7s, but I don't remember the name of the company and their inventory was very low and I believe they weren't making any more.
Sorry that I couldn't offer much in the way of help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you JimmytheShark, the wife is smart and I didn't mind giving it to her so she would continue shooting LOL.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Be careful with night sights. P7s have a fixed barrel. The rear sight is adjustable for left and right but not elevation. There are seven different front post heights (6.2mm, 6.4mm, 6.6mm, 6.8 mm, 7.0mm, 7.2mm and 7.4mm). HK would use different heights accordingly. Some night sights come in short, medium, or tall, but they may or may not be as exact as the original factory sights. The sights on P7s are designed to take Tritium inserts. You can send your slide off to Trijicon and they can install Tritium capsules in place of the original white inserts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Be careful with night sights. P7s have a fixed barrel. The rear sight is adjustable for left and right but not elevation. There are seven different front post heights (6.2mm, 6.4mm, 6.6mm, 6.8 mm, 7.0mm, 7.2mm and 7.4mm). HK would use different heights accordingly. Some night sights come in short, medium, or tall, but they may or may not be as exact as the original factory sights. The sights on P7s are designed to take Tritium inserts. You can send your slide off to Trijicon and they can install Tritium capsules in place of the original white inserts.
Thank you for the information, I think this will be a good route.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
I love Hard Chrome, there are other newer finishes out there, I just like the color of hard chrome the best. Another option that would look stunning would be Master Blue by Fords.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts