HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i havent found a build tutorial on 53's or 51's so im kinda wandering in the dark.

i have built an mp5 clone so i not a good portion of it.

but i just got my barrel. i think its german, it has a JA mark stamped close to the chamber end. but the A looks like its missing the horizontal line so its kinda like an arrow.

here's where im getting lost. it came with a triple frame that looks just like the one on my 91. but the barrel is too small to fit in the frame, but it also came with a bushing. i will try to post some pics.

here's a pic of a us barrel. note the end being fatter before the threading.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also does anyone have any close up pics of their 53, 51, or 93 pistol triple frame area? i realize the 51 might be diff but im planning one of those down the road too.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
some pics of the stuff i got from teh baileys (it was cheap so i rolled the dice)

the bushing, triple frame and another piece i hope to use.

any thoughts, tips or info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
445 Posts
my immediate thought it about the twist rate on the barrel being slower on a cut down 33 barrel, which u have.. be very aware of that relating to any muzzle attachments esp suppressors, and when it comes to accuracy... and that cocking tube it gonna require u to hack up any receiver u go with..
Jeremy

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you mean hack up the receiver more than im thinking? i already realize the cocking tube goes way further in the receiver than say my mp5. but other than that i dont see what i would have to cut up?

have you built or own one? can you post some pics? not being sarcastic, just really want to see some close up as i have not even seen a 53 in person. i own a c93 but i know they are no where close.

i didnt realize this was a cut doan 33 barrel. i may not use it then and just might buy a new us 53 barrel.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no, not planning on surpressing this'n. im planning on a 53 SBR. the barrel was only 49 bucks on GB from the bailey and it came with the triple frame but alas it looks like i cant use that triple frame with out buggering it up to badly.

speaking of accuracy, with a barrel this short im not expecting much. but you guys reckon it be like 50MOA or something crazy because of the twist? i mean i could live with 5 or 6 MOA.....i think.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
might have to build 2. found this........

what would it take to build this???

A 21 kit, a G-3 kit, a 308 receiver and some $$. Realize that a lot of the parts won't get used.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
why a g3 kit, its 5.56 no? you know what.. that is 7.62, didnt even notice it. i was thinking same thing but in 5.56.

but in 5.56 what is really diff, feed tray and few parts?

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
OK... you noticed that your pic is a 308 gun. The big difference is that you aren't going to be able to buy a solid, non-drop down mag feed mech in 223. Mike Otte will sell you one though... and throw in the rest of the MM-23 for Sh!ts & grins.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
That's a Vollmer built gun, is it not? I think that's featured in my HK Guns book by Duncan Long
More than likely... a few other people built them, but the muzzle device was a Vollmer's exclusive.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just wish i could find prints to build one. the feed tray would prob be the easiest part. just cut out that section and weld in the feed tray section, that part is like 150.

but i wonder what else you need........ im thinking the links in that picture are upside down, as the bolt is above the belt. even if you knew what you need for parts, there's the question of where to find them?

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
These days, it's just not practical. The Vollmer type guns had a non-removeable barrel... which meant if you hammered it a bit too much, you'd be paying for a labor intensive barrel swap. Better to keep the beltfeds and quick change barrel idea together.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
im hijacking myself.

anyone got detailed pics of the 53? or specs, so i can see where to line stuff up?

like details on how and where to cut up the stock 33 cocking tube???? i have heard of people doing this but have yet to find a tutorial.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
In your third picture the triple frame at the bottom of the picture still has the grenade ring on it. There are a couple of weld spots that hold the grenade ring in the triple frame. As far as the 51 PDW picture, whoever took the picture more than likely just shoved parts of a belt in for the picture. The rounds strip out of the belt from below. If the PDW was tried to be used with the belt in that way would not run.

As far as pictures of 53s look at the builders threads in "Supporting Venders" forum. I personally would not try a build I had no specs for unless I have a complete parts kit. Good luck with your 53 build.

Scott

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
im not skerd. i can wing it and eventually it will come good.but without specs i might just spend more if i ruin a part. part of learnign i guess.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts