HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Their flats are a good step forward from the old ORFs - have two for upcoming builds. Havent seen their actual builds though

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
They don't seem proud enough of their products to provide more than single, tiny thumbnail pictures of them..? Or maybe it's because they are web-clueless?

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Their flats are a good step forward from the old ORFs - have two for upcoming builds. Havent seen their actual builds though
Robert sells them pretty cheap.

And yes, their web site is pretty weak.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I thought there were a few posts here by Tim @ Gewehr showing the flats being rolled, discussing how they were made, dies etc. with photos? I thought Ghillie had commented on same?

I cannot vouch for his work on HK-style rifles BUT:

A few years ago, I got a good deal on one of those virgin Bulgarian AK-74 kits. This one had never been assembled as a firearm, and came with U.S. furniture, no serial numbers anywhere, new chrome-lined barrel. I gave it as a gift to my father, an old M1 Garand/Carbine-era guy who enjoyed shooting an AK I owned, and suggested a couple of builders (InRange and Gewehr Werks).

He obtained a NDS receiver and sent it to Tim. The resulting rifle was really outstanding work. I have seen and shot work from InRange, POHF and Gewehr Werks, as well as a lesser "smith" whose work I had to send back for rivet resetting (now out of business).

While I am a repeat customer of InRange C2 for AK work, I would not hesitate to send anything to Tim for building. That AK is well-built, accurate, and digested mag after mag of Wolf 5.45 without fail, including bump firing one mag (we didn't open any spam cans that day). Sorry, no pics...

I'm still collecting parts, but plan to send a G3K build to Tim (eventually) on one of his roll your own receivers. (The PTR will go to Ghillie).

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
@OODA_Loop - Ultraman avitar? Dude! Talk about flash backs!

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I've seen a German made semi Sturm. The retail price was $5,000 and the mags were different from the original. My guess is the MP38 will be a pistol and have a nonfunctional stock. Like AKs, the gun can be made in Germany, shipped to the US, and have some US made parts installed. YMMV.

Scott

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Johnny Socko's robot was way cool and he could shoot nuke missiles from his finger tips... I loved the show man.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts

·
Grand Chazzar
3,353 Posts
Lol
You guys are old !.....
Bot
I thought I seen some GWs 21 & 23 shrouds on GB ??
Anyone else see them or build with them ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts