HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At this point I'm just trying to get the numbers for G&GG, there is no commitment to buy as of now! If you are interested let me know, we need at least 100 people to show interest so we can move forward!

I sent an email to GG&G and got the following reply:

"If you could get a 100 or more people. We would look hard at making one.. Do you just want a light rail?"
"Got to be 100+ to make the R&D worthwhile."

Sales Director
GG&G, Inc.

Im asking for MK23 owners to chime in. If you want a modern mount for your MK23 please let me know. Im going to keep a running list and once we get to 100 people/ units, I will link the thread to GG&G.

Please keep in mind that this isn't a group buy... yet.

here is a concept I created. This idea removes a lot of the bulk from the standard MK23 rail adapter.

Im hoping to submit some input, for me the ultimate design goal would be a mix between the latest USP mount:
https://www.gggaz.com/hk-usp-picatinny-rail-flashlight-mounts.html

and the ill fated Surefire rail:
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/attachments/hk-handgun-talk/27035d1417663569-accessories-new-mark-23-light-suppressor-choices-surefire-mr12-adapter.jpg

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/attachments/hk-handgun-talk/27036d1417663569-accessories-new-mark-23-light-suppressor-choices-surefire-mr12.jpg

Members Interested:
1. Sextus
2. azimuth
3. Veritas
4. TLOU_Joel
5. TooBigToFit
7. Klaustrophobia
8. kneedeep
9. diverpaul
10. jimmytheshank
11. jburton10
12. ceptor781
13. Trombarter x2
14. audiction
15. xgardx x2 Possibly
16. Austin1776
17. Hutator
18. gab997s
19. AGG
20. Lolto
21. 1slow
22. Propel
23. burtontester x4
24. Hawk777
25. rubisco
26. Chrisjdm
27. JohnnyJ
28. Deadwing
29. Arrowsmith
30. ddindetroit
31. navyman8903 x2
32. Tacticalmedic
33. Icopy1
34. dmkeller
35. Kafka
36. fredg54 x2
37. lands02
38. Aaron45

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
I am definitely interested in one, but price has to be in line with normal GG&G prices for mounts.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wish list for a Mk23 mount...

1) Thumbwheel for quick detach
2) Low profile
3) Better light compatibility than what's on the market
4) Proper shape! The Rhyno mount, when tightened down, actually bends the front rail downwards
5) < $150

If they can hit all, or even most, of those wishes, they have my money.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Updated the OG Post with some more details/opinions...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Count me in as well

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
List updated! Great job guys, we are 12% there! Hopefully more members pour in steadily and we hit the minimum soon. I'd like to get 150 people interested to show a strong desire from the community, so spread the word!

·
Registered
57 Posts
i'd be in for at least 1 to try, if they look/function great and price is on par with the USP mount i'd even get 2!!!

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
I'm going to politely oppose the request that a thumb wheel be included in the design. As with the other GG&G adaptors I have, I don't anticipate the need for quick removal if the adaptor is slim and tight enough to the frame of the gun. That is part of what attracts me to the GG&G adaptor design. I can leave it installed and it does not change the look of the gun nor how it fits holsters. I'd also request just one slot rather than the cheese grater look of many slots. My intent is to use a Steiner DBAL-PL so the slot would need to accommodate a proper position. Just my .02. If ultimately this adaptor becomes bulky and ugly, I'm out.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In, but from Germany.
I'm not 100% sure how/if you could purchase the rail if they decided to move forward... maybe via an exporter?

I'm going to politely oppose the request that a thumb wheel be included in the design. As with the other GG&G adaptors I have, I don't anticipate the need for quick removal if the adaptor is slim and tight enough to the frame of the gun. That is part of what attracts me to the GG&G adaptor design. I can leave it installed and it does not change the look of the gun nor how it fits holsters. I'd also request just one slot rather than the cheese grater look of many slots. My intent is to use a Steiner DBAL-PL so the slot would need to accommodate a proper position. Just my .02. If ultimately this adaptor becomes bulky and ugly, I'm out.
I totally understand. However, at this point, this isn't a commitment to buy. this is just a market test to verify if the demand will justify the expense. I wouldn't have made a request to GG&G if i was looking for another ugly, massive rail adapter. If that was the case i'd just by the one on HK Parts and be done with it...

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.