Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone still using GGW for parts?
I am in the market for a buis set for HK416 10.4" barrel

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Just received an order last month I placed late Oct/early Nov 2019. I’ve got another from Feb 2020 I’m waiting on. Expect 6 months at least.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ok, something that’s always been in the back of my mind and the reason I never placed an order with them, how are those orders managed through ITAR regulations?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Ok, something that’s always been in the back of my mind and the reason I never placed an order with them, how are those orders managed through ITAR regulations?
The same way anything coming from outside the US is supposed to be handled. They handle the export paperwork on their end (BAFA, I think) but the individual or company on the US side is responsible for the paperwork on their end.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Emailed them a few weeks ago about an ETA for some of their products... no ETA available due to COVID disruption and they're pausing new orders from the USA until the situation improves.

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
4,930 Posts
Emailed them a few weeks ago about an ETA for some of their products... no ETA available due to COVID disruption and they're pausing new orders from the USA until the situation improves.
Same communication with me they are fulfilling Overseas orders first.................

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I have an order from last year that shipped over a month ago. Tracking shows no movement since acceptance.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
ITAR applies to US exports only. ATF is responsible for imports into the US.

ITAR is dead btw, export control reform moved all semiauto guns and parts to EAR.

Before Euros get their hopes up, you still need an export license and have to go through an approved US exporter.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
ITAR is dead btw, export control reform moved all semiauto guns and parts to EAR.
Thank God, I caught hell once from an official entity you never ever want to have to deal with for allegedly attempting to export something ITAR controlled that customs discovered. It was so far away from what any reasonable person would consider a "military" firearm component ITAR wasn't even on the radar. Cost many, many times the value of the component in lawyer fees (in addition to losing the item, goes without saying) to fight that one.

I wonder if they are more relaxed, from a legal "punishment" standpoint on violations going forward. I get why we don't want night-vision, lasers, complete firearms or major components leaving the US and potentially falling into bad hands, but small parts like nuts and bolts, huge hunks of wood and plastic as furniture, etc. WTF you would think someone was trying to ship schematics of a nuclear weapon the way they react to mundane grandpa's hunting bolt action rifle parts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts