HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
sorry, no pics. that's what i get for going in the afternoon on Memorial Day. all the potential photo help was off drinking beer!

I fired my 51K for function at 100 yards, with 60 rounds Russian "white box" and SA ammo. 51K was in pistol format so i had a few light primer strikes, especially when using the drum and the Russian ammo. no problem hitting the 1' wide x 3' tall target backer, offhand. it's tough to get a good grip using the drum, in pistol format.

I then shot 20 rounds from the 51K at 25 yards, offhand. no problems putting pretty much all me hits in an 8" circle. using a magazine (for better grip) and SA ammo, only one light primer strike (i'll take the blame, it's easy to limp wrist. only one light primer strike with SA ammo, all day)

finally at 50 yards i shot the 51K from the bench. i put 38 of 40 rounds in a reduced silhouette, over 1/2 the shots went inside an 8" shoot-and-see i stuck to the target. no light primer strikes, bracing it off the bench. no signs of keyholing.

time to work more biceps! (and get a shorter single point sling).

also, apparently the flash hider is broken. i know this because big balls of flame were shooting out of the front of the rifle. :wink:
i used my "uncut" SP89 front grip and it worked very well!

thanks Jeff!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Hart! i'll give it a look!

i have my current single point choked up as much as possible, which works well for my Draco and C93P, but i need it tighter to be able to reach the front handguard on the 51K

thanks again Jeff!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts