HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"In a world of compromise, some girls don't!" At least when that girl is my 10 year old daughter. Both of my daughters have been around weapons for their entire lives. After all, Daddy is a gun nut...

But today I took my youngest to the Impact Zone range just outside of Houston. This is the same range where HKPRO did an MP5 class. Phil was there and my daughter wanted to know how he could sleep through gunfire... But that is another story... Anyway, today was my chance to see if an abbreviated version of the shooting principles part of Pro's class could be adapted to kids. The short answer is yes.

Within a few minutes, I had her using the sling properly, bringing the weapon to ready, creating a proper sight picture, etc. She learned the proper procedure for the "HK slap", clearing, firing, and checking for safe condition with eyes and hands. And after a few magazines I had her keeping the overwhelming majority of her rounds on an 8 inch steel circle about 7 yards away. Let's just say that folks were impressed with her and her conscientious firearms discipline. There were also quite a few folks a bit jealous that a 10 year old was going full auto. One guy even said something to the effect of "I'm 49 and I still haven't done that!"

She was pretty proud of herself, but not quite as proud as I was of her. I fear, though, that this MP5 may have started the HK bug a bit early on. This could be very expensive...

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
It'll be a while, as they're only 5, 3, and 1, but I'm anxiously waiting the day when the wife gives me the green light to take the girls shooting.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Good stuff Straightgrain!!!!
AviatorDave I have beeen in the shooting "argument" with my wife and it is tough.
I have yet to get my oldest out and shooting due to her age. Hopefully in the next year or so. We need to keep our sport going and recruit at least our own kids to preserve the future of our sport.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I'm working on letting them go flying with me first, they're old enough for that right now. Then we'll work our way up to the MP5. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts