HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got your attention.

I was looking at On-Point Firearms's site, they have a little video evaluation of the Hk45, that is in my humble opinion, outstanding.

It's a little under 8 minutes, but covers everything essential about the Hk 45, including range time, and disassembly.

It motivates me even more to get to the bank to get a money order to Gordon Miller for a Hk45.

Only down side, now I have to have one in tan!

Good job On-Point, very good work!

Respectfully,

Bob

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OOPs, should have put it here

Sorry mods

I wasn't awake yet.

My apologies

Bob

·
Registered
149 Posts
Does the slide release/stop on the right side stay attached to the frame?

In the video, he removed the left side only?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Does the slide release/stop on the right side stay attached to the frame?

In the video, he removed the left side only?
Yes, it works the same as the P2000 series where in order to remove it - you have to rotate it up then pull out. It will stay in unless you choose to remove it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thanks for the video. It looks like one hell of a pistol.

·
Registered
137 Posts
What is the trigger pull like? I've been told it is similar to the glock pistol? Thx

Edward
No, it is not the same as a Glock. The HK45 is DA/SA. It's a bit hard to compare the two. After butting 300 rounds down range today I would say that it is a bit better than the good old USP but not much. It's hard to put into words but it felt very clean and crisp. Single action was very good. I would say this a very good trigger and that it will get better with use. Somewhere between the USP and and a match trigger when broken in. The reset is short but I did run into what someone else described as a felt double click when shooting controlled pairs. It only occcurred when I tried to make it happen. During double, triple, or rapid fire the reset was never a problem and I never felt anything strange. Oh well. I still can't stop smiling.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Ok, I got your attention.

I was looking at On-Point Firearms's site, they have a little video evaluation of the Hk45, that is in my humble opinion, outstanding.

It's a little under 8 minutes, but covers everything essential about the Hk 45, including range time, and disassembly.

It motivates me even more to get to the bank to get a money order to Gordon Miller for a Hk45.

Only down side, now I have to have one in tan!

Good job On-Point, very good work!

Respectfully,

Bob
Thanks Bob! There seems to be plenty of "YouTube Snipers" these days that have now shown face to try and discredit the video I've made...months after the fact. For the record, this video has been out since 4th of July weekend, I made it a point to get it done and out by then. Of course, the naysayers are now showing up to start their HK bashing.

Feel free to show some face there and show your support!

-Erik @ RHP

·
Registered
388 Posts
They didn't show their targets after the range time...I wanted to see them.
We posted in the regional section at the time. This was an HK45 Event, and many shooters took their turn shredding the targets. In the video production realm, there is a risk in showing "talent" without proper releases, so the other folks were not shown in the video. As such, we didn't see much of a point in showing targets that were shot at by several shooters.

P.S. This video could not have happened without the help of the fine folks at HK USA. A special thanks to Angela Harrell for participating in this review, and getting us the pistol so that we could get the info out to the public ahead of time.

Thanks again,

[email protected]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is it worth replacing USPf .45 with the new one? I like the new rail and grip but don't know if it's worth it.

p.s. Rican Havoc Love the video product reviews!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Boriqua: Your YouTube video is top notch; but can you elaborate on any shortcommings of the H&K45? I seem to have read that you wouldn't go out and sell your USP45 for a H&K45.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Boriqua: Your YouTube video is top notch; but can you elaborate on any shortcommings of the H&K45? I seem to have read that you wouldn't go out and sell your USP45 for a H&K45.
Some of my unbiased comments were posted in this thread Here.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving folks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts