HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I gave them a chance when I picked up an Expert in .40 some years back on trade. It was a fine-shooting pistol indeed, but it was far beyond what my then novice hands were capable of. I had tried some USP's in .45 on multiple occasions since then, but could never get past the grip and bulkiness. I thought I would be doomed to the land 1911's forever.

After much debating, I picked up a used HK45 from a fellow member (thanks Hunter). Upon first inspection, I am very pleased with the ergonomics...more so than expected. I'm really excited to see what this thing can do; range report to follow.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Welcome back to the HK side. Apparently the HK45 is real popular with 1911 guys. Let us know how it shoots and post some pics and a range report when you can! That's a beautiful pistol you picked up.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
You will most likely love it. Between the HK45, 45c and P30's; you should be able to find an ergonomic solution that can absolutely shoot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I LOVE my HK45! just wish there was a higher mag capacity.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome back to HK. Would it be fair to call the HK45 the modern day 1911? Or is that just naive?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Welcome back to HK. Would it be fair to call the HK45 the modern day 1911? Or is that just naive?
I'm about to find out myself. I'm selling my Elite because it's a bit large - for me - but don't have enough posts here to put the ad up yet, and don't want to get yelled at if I put up the link, lol. I ordered an HK45 as well, which is a bit of a PITA in Kalifornia, and am looking for a Kobra Carry, so I'll be riding the HK/1911 fence :)

·
Registered
783 Posts
I'm about to find out myself. I'm selling my Elite because it's a bit large - for me - but don't have enough posts here to put the ad up yet, and don't want to get yelled at if I put up the link, lol. I ordered an HK45 as well, which is a bit of a PITA in Kalifornia, and am looking for a Kobra Carry, so I'll be riding the HK/1911 fence :)
Selling the elite! Oh man. Is it in .45? And yes, the HK45 is a pain to get in CA. I'm impressed you worked it out through the loopholes!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Pointblank4445,
There are more similarity them dissimilarity between the 1911 and the HK45. The big thing is the trigger pull, you can change a couple of springs that helps with the pull weight. As for the overtravel, that another issue.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pointblank4445,
There are more similarity them dissimilarity between the 1911 and the HK45. The big thing is the trigger pull, you can change a couple of springs that helps with the pull weight. As for the overtravel, that another issue.
I'm not overly concerned with it at the moment. It is what it is; and it is still viable in its current/stock state. And for the most part, I would prefer to treat it more like the Glock and not have to make any major mods. LAV sums it up better than I ever could:

My advice to all of you would be to simply quote the Simon Golob rule ( a classic line stated by him at an AK class)

'If you try and turn AK into an M4 you bring the M4 problems along with it'

In this case ' if you try and turn a Glock into a 1911 you bring the 1911 problems along with it'

My advice for everyone is get to a place skill wise where you can be effective with stock triggers in any serviceable firearm - this was a moment of clarity I had quite a while back and have lived by it ever since - hence why the vast majority of my weapons have stock trigger setups

Constantly looking for the magic trigger can be a curse with unintended consequences

Be safe

LAV

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm no expert, but I tend to agree with what LAV said. I actually don't see a thing wrong with the SA on the HKs I've shot.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I believe the HK45 family of pistols to be amongst the finest pistols made. I absolutely love my Hk45C.

Congrats on your Hk45 looks like you found a lifelong shooter (when a pistol shoots like that you never get rid of it).

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
I believe the HK45 family of pistols to be amongst the finest pistols made. I absolutely love my Hk45C.

Congrats on your Hk45 looks like you found a lifelong shooter (when a pistol shoots like that you never get rid of it).
^This. HK45's and HK45c's are amazing pistols, they are also very easy for a 1911 shooter to transition to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts