HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to hk's and to the forum. Picked up my new p2000sk last month. After carrying glocks on duty for 12 years I figured wth, im bored if my sigs and glocks. Now I know why everyone loves hk. It's become my favorite carry gun off duty. Only question is, has anyone ever had an accidental discharge from the decocker on the V3? Thing hits home kinda hard lol

·
Registered
429 Posts
Congrats, I remember those days!
I never had an accident, but I do not carry here in NJ..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I grew up in jersey. Actually just got back from cape may last night. I'm glad to hear about the decocker. I haven't had an issue either but I've only put 500 rounds through it so far

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hammer stops well short of the firing pin when decocked, plus the firing pin block is engaged so it wouldn't fire even if you jammed something in there that would make contact with the firing pin. Not possible to ND with the decocker. Which is the whole point. :)

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Congrats on your new toy! I love my USPc more and more every day.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hammer stops well short of the firing pin when decocked, plus the firing pin block is engaged so it wouldn't fire even if you jammed something in there that would make contact with the firing pin. Not possible to ND with the decocker. Which is the whole point. :)
Hey thanks for your help. That's good to know. I'm not too familiar w the p2ksk so I figured I'd ask

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats on the new Pistol! Love my P2ksk. Check out the P30

·
Registered
890 Posts
Congrats! I too converted from Sigs, and am very happy. I love my P2ksk V3, and echo DaZe's suggestion of trying the P30 sometime. Like others have said, I wouldn't worry about an AD when decocking the V3. Plenty of "safety" mechanisms, etc., in these guns, and they are made to be carried. It is a little louder than when decocking a Sig, but my thought is that most of it is due to the polymer frame vs. the aluminum frame. Enjoy, and welcome to the forum!

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
I hear you on the hammer hitting down with the decocker.
However I have done it plenty of times.
If I am not on the range, I will let the hammer slowly down with my left hand thumb.
I don't do this intentionally on the range not to train bad habits.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. I like the p30 a lot. I put about 200 rounds through my p2ksk today. Love that thing

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats! I too converted from Sigs, and am very happy. I love my P2ksk V3, and echo DaZe's suggestion of trying the P30 sometime. Like others have said, I wouldn't worry about an AD when decocking the V3. Plenty of "safety" mechanisms, etc., in these guns, and they are made to be carried. It is a little louder than when decocking a Sig, but my thought is that most of it is due to the polymer frame vs. the aluminum frame. Enjoy, and welcome to the forum!
I think ur rite. Just was used to manipulating the p228 decocker. I've gotten used to the hk now

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Welcome to the good life. I came over from mostly Sigs last year and I've been very happy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Enjoy the sk! Been thinking about one for summer carry when my USPc seems a bit large for t-shirt/shorts weather.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
In the last five weeks I've sold two German SIG P-220s, a Glock 17, and a S&W 4506 and bought a USP 45, USP 45C, USP 45 Tactical, and USP 9mm.

Now I'm starting to look at my rifles...
Man I almost traded my p228. It's still my favorite pistol. She's retired in her own safe by my bed. Lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Enjoy the sk! Been thinking about one for summer carry when my USPc seems a bit large for t-shirt/shorts weather.
Honestly when it gets too hot I'll throw on my pf9. Not a huge fan of the gun but it serves it's purpose. I've carried the G27 and p2ksk wearing a normal sized t shirt. Doesnt print in a remora holster.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have a 9mm P2000 SK V3 that is one of my favorite HK pistols.

It's a real tack driver (which amazes me given it's 3.26" barrel) , uber reliable with any ammo and a pleasure to shoot for long range sessions.

Congratulations and enjoy your new HK Audiman77. :biggrin:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Exactly what I do.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts