HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did a little follow up on a recent post in the HKPro Members Gallery section. As customary disclosure, this is not my item nor do I have any affiliation with the owner. Same rifle recently sold on GunBroker in mid-January, now on consignment at James Julia in early April? Draw your own conclusions.
Here's the Julia auction:
HECKLER & KOCH G3 EARLY IMPORT IN JULY 1962.
Here's the GunBroker auction:
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/611386669

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
That was my heads up that I accidentally posted there, its now here.
So they added another Santa Fe G3? The one I saw listed was the earlier 3/62.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Appears to be just one serial number apart from this one.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, not following your lingo...what do you mean by flip?
Seems unusual that someone would pay 19k, the highest price ever recorded for a 7/62 on GunBroker; then send it to the exact same auction house a 3/62 sold for last year just 8 weeks after purchasing it? I would think that anyone spending 19K on a firearm might want to keep it. Why attempt to resell it so quickly?

Perhaps the buyer of the 7/62 thought he got a 3/62 cheap on GB? A 3/62 just sold on GunBroker last November for 34k. Bidders dropping that kind of coin on auctions really should do the research and know what they are purchasing. While the year of importation and the importer are the same, the market has always commanded different prices because they distinctly different in design.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts