HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A pleasure to be a part of these boards. Not only is this my first HK, but it is also my first handgun, so I'm really getting to know it before I go out on the range and put some live rounds through it...which will probably be tomorrow Lol.

I Have a P2000 v3 DA/SA model. I bought some snap caps to practice dry firing just in case, as I'm treating this pistol like a baby...

My question is, it's my understanding that the initial pull is DA, and the subsequent pulls are to be SA. Does this not happen with snap caps? Does it only switch to SA with live rounds? I wanted to see that hammer cocked back into SA with a dry fire with snap caps, but it's staying in DA mode. Is this normal?

Much appreciated!

A Rookie HKer,

Kastonius

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Congrats on you HK.
With Snap caps After the first trigger pull and hammer dropped pull the slide back and release to simulate firing cycle. You should see you P2000 in SA mode.
Search YouTube for P2000 for more info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh, I see. I gotta manually pull the slide back as if a live round is cycling the slide and to the next round...Thank you.

Congrats on you HK.
With Snap caps After the first trigger pull and hammer dropped pull the slide back and release to simulate firing cycle. You should see you P2000 in SA mode.
Search YouTube for P2000 for more info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really appreciate the welcome and info guys!

In the last two days i've put about 200 rounds through it, and I'm so very pleased. Only thing is that I need some obvious work on my marksmanship...keep hitting low and to the left...

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
@Kastonius....I'm a lefty. My first couple of hundred rounds with my P30L were consistently going low and to the right (mirror of yours). It's all in the trigger pull of course. Get used to that loooooooong take up and snap that trigger straight back.

A little trick shown to me by an NRA instructor with your snap caps is to put a penny on the front sight. Practice trigger pull in SA (hammer back) and trigger pull DA (hammer forward) without knocking the penny off the front sight. If you can pull the trigger 2-3 times in a row without the penny falling off (eventually the penny does fall off because of vibration) then you are ready to plunk a few on the range.

Enjoy your new power tool!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fantastic advice. Will do. I was looking for some sort of exercise that could help my stability. Thanks!

@Kastonius....I'm a lefty. My first couple of hundred rounds with my P30L were consistently going low and to the right (mirror of yours). It's all in the trigger pull of course. Get used to that loooooooong take up and snap that trigger straight back.

A little trick shown to me by an NRA instructor with your snap caps is to put a penny on the front sight. Practice trigger pull in SA (hammer back) and trigger pull DA (hammer forward) without knocking the penny off the front sight. If you can pull the trigger 2-3 times in a row without the penny falling off (eventually the penny does fall off because of vibration) then you are ready to plunk a few on the range.

Enjoy your new power tool!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Congrats and welcome... After a few mags at the range, put a snap cap with actual rounds in the mag so you also train and simulate dead rounds. Good training exercise.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts