HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i purchased my first pistol at a retail store and understood the higher prices, but i wanted assurance for my first purchase...i hope every one understands what i mean

but for my next purchase id like to buy online ...a sig p229 9mm to be exact if anyone knows where to get one new and cheap?

...so does anyone know any good ffl in northern jersey? im in paterson.....yes i checked the list on gunbroker.com im just wondering if anyone has experiance with them

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just used Frank's Tackle in Wanaque, NJ. It was the closest to my town so I just worked with them. The transfer took a while cause they messed up when faxing the FFL. Then they had to mail it instead and it took over a week. Everything turned out well. $55 bucks though for the transfer fee...pretty high I think. The only other place that I looked at was The Silver Bullet in Rockaway, NJ. Same price for the transfer.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just used Frank's Tackle in Wanaque, NJ. It was the closest to my town so I just worked with them. The transfer took a while cause they messed up when faxing the FFL. Then they had to mail it instead and it took over a week. Everything turned out well. $55 bucks though for the transfer fee...pretty high I think. The only other place that I looked at was The Silver Bullet in Rockaway, NJ. Same price for the transfer.

yea i called a local place that will do it for $35 plus $17 for the nics....so about $55 total.....i guess everywhere around us charges that much

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
yea i called a local place that will do it for $35 plus $17 for the nics....so about $55 total.....i guess everywhere around us charges that much
Ouch! Its insane how much some dealers charge for the transfer fee and NICS check but then again we do live in NJ :(.

Check out the FFL listing off of gunbroker.com to see if there are any other dealers close to you.

http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea highway robbery.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Guys

If anyone is looking for a FFL in North jersey check out Lincoln Park True Value Hardware. I just started using them this year. They charge $35 for transfer and nics.

Lincoln Park True Value Hardware
206 Main St
Lincoln Park, NJ 07035
973-694-1150

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi Guys

If anyone is looking for a FFL in North jersey check out Lincoln Park True Value Hardware. I just started using them this year. They charge $35 for transfer and nics.

206 Main St
Lincoln Park, NJ 07035
973-694-1150
$35 total?

The Bullethole in Belleville want $65 plus and Auto Parts of Woodbridge want $45 plus $15 for NICS.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes.

Wow the bullethole went up. I used them about a year ago and it was $35+nics.
Thats a pretty good deal. Its kinda far for me though. I'd rather just pay Auto Parts the fee. I like them.

You know, I know for a fact the guy said it was $65, BUT he also said the P2000SK was "about" the same price as a G26 so I dont know. :)

N

·
0 Posts
Really Nice FFL

I just picked up three new handguns (one of them being a P30). I called first and let them know that they would be receiving some guns via USPS that I had bought on Gunbrokers (spoke with Bruce). Went in this week and did all my paperwork + NICS and was out of there in under a half hour. $20/per gun + $15 NICS. Really nice

206 Main St
Lincoln Park, NJ 07035
973-694-1150

·
Registered
226 Posts
I just picked up three new handguns (one of them being a P30). I called first and let them know that they would be receiving some guns via USPS that I had bought on Gunbrokers (spoke with Bruce). Went in this week and did all my paperwork + NICS and was out of there in under a half hour. $20/per gun + $15 NICS. Really nice

206 Main St
Lincoln Park, NJ 07035
973-694-1150
I don't know what I'm jealous of more: the fact you paid 20 bucks to my 45 or if you got 3 new guns. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts

206 Main St
Lincoln Park, NJ 07035
973-694-1150
Wow, looks like I'll look into them... I was originally looking into New Jersey Firearm's Guild in Rahway. Anybody have any experience with them?

Still though, I may just head up to Lincoln Park... I'm in North Bergen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts