HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to begin, I had a P2000SK which would not run suppressed with my Gemtech GM-45 no matter what grain, 115, 124 or 147. Failure to feed, stove piping etc etc. The usual litany of issues when suppressing a pistol.

I sold it before I had the chance to try it with my Osprey 40. To give some VERY interesting background, I then tried the GM-45 on my Glock 17 Gen 5 with various ammo. It wouldn't cycle etc etc with the 115 and 124. With the 147 it did pretty well, better with some brands than the other but still, never 100%. I don't care how great Glock is, if I have a can that makes one of the most reliable pistols in the world the equivalent of an airsoft gun, I'm done. That said, it has always worked flawlessly on my Glock 40 (10mm). I then acquired a Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS. Here too, a failure with my GM-45 and yet the Osprey 40 worked even with 115 grain. I was beginning to be SURE the can was to blame. It was at this point I was thinking the GM-45 just didn't do well with weaker rounds, mostly 9mm. So to summarize, Osprey, great with 9mm, GM-45 bad with 9mm but great will all else.

That said, I kept the threaded barrel from my P2000SK as I discovered it would work with my newly acquired P30SK (SKS/safety). One day I went to the range with my HK P30SKS, Glock 17L, Osprey 40 and GM-45. Here's the kicker, both guns functioned flawlessly with BOTH CANSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had ONE failure to feed with one of the two pistols on the GM-45 then, between the two guns I put over 150 rounds down range while swapping cans trying to create a malfunction. Never happened. Normally, my Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS would malfunction within 20 rounds when using the GM-45. What blows me away is you have two guns that couldn't have a bigger difference. One is a striker fired pistol with a barrel longer than 6" with a recoil spring meant for a gun with a 4.49" barrel while the other is a hammer fired sub-compact with a 3.3" barrel coupled with a complex dual spring recoil assembly that is probably fairly heavy due to the anticipated violent recoil from having a short barrel on a small pistol.

Why did I post this!?!?!?!?!?!?

I couldn't believe my eyes. After months of reading the forums on this site (and others) to give me a frame of reference and never feeling satisfied, I created a situation I THOUGHT I WAS GUARANTEED TO RESULT IN FAILURE and yet my pistol blew me away (no pun intended). Obviously the Glock 17 has a poorly chosen recoil spring and that needs to be addressed. I just may be replacing that Glock and putting a full size P30 back in my arsenal.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Are you using a Piston inside the can? I got an Omega 9K for my SP5K and then thought I'd try it with a Sig P228. Bought a piston, adapter, and threaded barrel, and it worked great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you using a Piston inside the can? I got an Omega 9K for my SP5K and then thought I'd try it with a Sig P228. Bought a piston, adapter, and threaded barrel, and it worked great.
I am.

Reactions: Plinks
1 - 3 of 3 Posts