HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received my P7 Scraper tool and Brush from HK this week!
Factory fresh P7 cylinder cleaning tools have arrived. Here is a copy of my email.

Cleaning brush - part #222269 @ $8.00/ea.
Cleaning tool - part #228377 @ $22.00/ea.

To order, fill out and return the attached order form. Shipping is $7 for Fed Ex Ground, and local sales tax may apply.

Thank you for your patience!

HK Customer Service
7661 Commerce Lane
Trussville, AL 35173
800-821-3021
205-655-7078 fax
www.hk-usa.com

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am new to the P7 series. Just got a PSP this week. I admit I have not read the manual. What is the scraping that I have seen reffered to on several occaisions? My PSP came with a brush but that is it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am new to the P7 series. Just got a PSP this week. I admit I have not read the manual. What is the scraping that I have seen reffered to on several occaisions? My PSP came with a brush but that is it.

Thanks!
It scrapes the carbon from the piston bore located below the chamber area. The brush fits in the chamber and should be used after you use the scraper to get the small bits of carbon out. There are several chat rooms that specialize in P7's. I am not sure if it is taboo to list them here. But if not I am sure someone who knows and reads this might post the links.

There are several mindsets on it's useage. Some say never use it while others say use after every 250-500 rounds.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got mine in less than a week and the shipping for me was less than quoted!
Good luck guys.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Somebody from HK service returned my phone call, and I ordered the parts from the parking lot at Giant Eagle. None were listed on the HK site.
Is there an easier way to order parts? Tho' I guess a returned phone call may actually BE pretty easy.
Moon

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
It scrapes the carbon from the piston bore located below the chamber area. The brush fits in the chamber and should be used after you use the scraper to get the small bits of carbon out. There are several chat rooms that specialize in P7's. I am not sure if it is taboo to list them here. But if not I am sure someone who knows and reads this might post the links.

There are several mindsets on it's useage. Some say never use it while others say use after every 250-500 rounds.
The P7 operator's manual that covers the M8, M10, and M13 states every 500 rounds or 12 months, the M13 armorer's manual states to give the entire gun a "throrough" cleaning including the gas cylinder every 1000 rounds or 12 months.

I clean mine every 500 rounds or so. Also, you do not want to scrape the piston. Just wipe it clean, the carbon that collects in the grooves of the piston will not hurt anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts