HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember this collection. They are all gone, now. One, however, is returning very soon. Time to play HK again!

SR9s

SL8-1s / USCs

·
Registered
10,275 Posts
Meh... everybody collects something...

I wanted to start a Whitney Wolverine collection... basically because they were hard to find and they really didn't make a ton of them. I guess I lucked out on the first one, because almost all the ones that have surfaced since, including a couple nickel plated ones, have either been damaged or were too damned expensive to consider. Plus they make an excellent silenced 22 host gun.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I remember. I was horrified when you told me you had sold all those SR9's...they were like your signature.
Hahaha.......they were my signature rifle for sure. I have another photo somewhere of all 11 that I had in my safe. It was nuts. I know that at least five of the 11 that I had are now chopped up and were made into belt-feds. The others, I don't know......but if anyone bought one from me please let me know how it's doing these days!!

That's one nice collection. Glad one will be returning soon.
Thanks!!

Wow, don't take this the wrong way but did you purposely collect rifles that have been gimped by our U.S. gun laws?
No offense taken. Like PB states, it's the only German-made, pre-ban, G3-type rifle that is allowed in NJ. Even as a LEO here in the state I cannot have a 91 unless it's my patrol rifle. That's not an option right now, so the SR9 is as close as I can get.

That looks like an armory!!! :eek:
Glad one of the SR-9's is returning home. :biggrin:

Tony
That was the idea!! LOL :)

Meh... everybody collects something...

I wanted to start a Whitney Wolverine collection... basically because they were hard to find and they really didn't make a ton of them. I guess I lucked out on the first one, because almost all the ones that have surfaced since, including a couple nickel plated ones, have either been damaged or were too damned expensive to consider. Plus they make an excellent silenced 22 host gun.
So true. That is a neat little pistol. Never have I seen them before.

He collected what Jersey would allow him to collect.
Thank you, Sir ;)

Payment for SR9 was mailed today :D

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Hahaha.......they were my signature rifle for sure. I have another photo somewhere of all 11 that I had in my safe. It was nuts. I know that at least five of the 11 that I had are now chopped up and were made into belt-feds. The others, I don't know......but if anyone bought one from me please let me know how it's doing these days!!
Buy me.

No, buy me!

Don't listen to them, buy me!!!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
......but if anyone bought one from me please let me know how it's doing these days!!
I didn't get a complete SR9 from you but I did get a stock from you. Thanks again! I had bought a barreled receiver that some guy was going to make into something else and gave up. You were a major help in my 100% restoration to factory SR9 project. I still own it and plan to keep it in the SR9 configuration as long as I own it. I have both stock sets for it now as well, wood laminate and black with the small part that goes in front of the grip!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't get a complete SR9 from you but I did get a stock from you. Thanks again! I had bought a barreled receiver that some guy was going to make into something else and gave up. You were a major help in my 100% restoration to factory SR9 project. I still own it and plan to keep it in the SR9 configuration as long as I own it. I have both stock sets for it now as well, wood laminate and black with the small part that goes in front of the grip!
Thanks for replying here about that stock. I didn't happen to sell you the one that had the heavy 2-stage buffer in it, did I? I had one black thumbhole stock that I got with one of them in it and I didn't know how rare it was. Ugggg...if I only knew then what I know now!! Well, anyway, whoever has it better appreciate it!! You need to post some pics of your SR9 stuff.

On a separate note......thanks to those for the well wishes on the return of one of the SR9s........but I have even better news. Thanks to a certain special someone here I was able to get not just one, but both of the twins back. Here are some brand new photos to share. It really shows how HK folks stick together and take care of each other. I cannot thank him enough for making it all happen!

:)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm really starting to dig those wood SR9s.

Curious why you sold them and why you wouldn't take a HK91 for patrols? :)
I had to sell them. I was stupid with my money and was sick of being in debt. Ironically, I wasted a lot of money on guns, but not just HKs. I am a better person for the experience, but it was a hell of an experience all the same.

As for patrol, I carry a real USGI M14 :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Huh. That's pretty interesting. I know officers in CA and some states pack semi ARs in their cruisers, but I didn't think you could pick the rifle you wanted. Especially full auto.

I should become a cop!:690:
The full auto switch (selector switch) has been disabled. I traded my AR-15 in for it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.