HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a HK USP Compact Tactical .45. I have a few local sources but would like to price shop and see if it would be beneficial to buy online instead.

Also, where can I get mags and a thread protector for this pistol? My local sources for the pistol only have 2 mags and now protector.

Thanks in advance,
Sean

·
Registered
472 Posts
Online purchase:

One of the frequently mentioned and most respected online companies is CDNN. They no longer show gun sales on their website however.

If you do a search here you will find a link for their catalogue that is offered as a PDF file. They can also be reached at (800)-588-9500.

I have purchased a few guns from them and the service, price and overall experience has been excellent. Many other members here will vouch for them.

Having said that, others here will have other recommendations that will all be good as well.

Good hunting!

ARKAY

·
Registered
165 Posts
I tried contacting policeguns.com both by email and by phone and I never got a response. It was a bummer because I paid more locally and they couldn't get it with the night sights.

So how exactly does this work? Do they have contacts in other areas that they can ship to, or do you have to find someone?

What are the charges (in addition to the firearm itself)?

Thanks,

-john

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried contacting policeguns.com both by email and by phone and I never got a response. It was a bummer because I paid more locally and they couldn't get it with the night sights.

So how exactly does this work? Do they have contacts in other areas that they can ship to, or do you have to find someone?

What are the charges (in addition to the firearm itself)?

Thanks,

-john
There's usually just shipping to your FFL dealer and then you pay a "transfer fee" (around $35 here in AZ). No sales tax if you're not in the same state.

HTH,
Sean

Oh and thanks for the responses. I'll check into the recommendations tomorrow.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I've purchased HK pistols from both CDNN and Clyde Armory. Both transactions were quick and simple, done over the phone, both accept faxed FFL letters and both accept credit cards, although Clyde charges a 3% fee. Shipping was fast, with both guns in my hands in a few days.

CDNN has some really good prices on a few guns. Clyde's draw was that they sold the LEO set-up on some of the HKs that included night sights and a third magazine. Not all guns come this way.

G

·
I just bought a USP40f from policeguns for $689 plus $27 shipping and 3% fee for using a credit card. It's a little bit more expensive than CDNN ($644 + $13 shipping), but the ones that Clyde sold all come with night sights and 3 hi-cap mags. So I figured it's a better deal. The shipping was fast (same day).

·
Registered
851 Posts
Just be aware, while CDNN does have great prices, they will not ship certain firearms to specified states. Just their internal policy.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i have used rrarms.com quite a bit for everything from guns to cleaning kit to ammo. they're good people good prices no problems at all

·
Registered
165 Posts
So does this mean you have to find an FFL yourself? If so, how do you go about this? It would seem that local gun shops would rather sell you a gun than handle a transfer?

-john

·
Registered
851 Posts
John,

You'll have to shop around and see who is a licensed FFL and willing to do the transfer. I would pull out your local yellow pages and call around. If at all possible, try to stop in and chat with the shop person who handles all the FFL's so you can make sure of who you are dealing with.

Besides gunshops, some pawn shops or pawn brokers are FFL's. The ATF's website lets you check on the FFL once you get their FFL number to make sure who you are dealing with is on the up and up. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
So does this mean you have to find an FFL yourself? If so, how do you go about this? It would seem that local gun shops would rather sell you a gun than handle a transfer?

-john
Check here on bunbroker:

http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp

You can enter your zip code and it gives you a list of local FFLs. I found one about 10 minutes from me that will accept transfers from individuals, most stores and pawn shops will not. And yes, most shops would rather sell you one. The ones around me charge $30-$40 for transfers from other dealers, the local one I use charges $20, with a $5 discount for NRA members and an additional $5 for a CHL license. So $10 per transfer, what a deal...

·
Registered
472 Posts
FFL transfer:

-john

If you have a Gander Mountain store in your area, they will be happy to do a transfer for you for $35.00. I've used them a couple times and they provided excellent service.

HTH;

ARKAY

·
Registered
173 Posts
just curious, has anyone dealt with the-armory, gun wise? Saw some ok prices for a usp tactical a while back there.
i have dealt them only for ammo, but i have nothing but good things to say. thay were contacting me thru email almost every day until my order was delivered.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have bought three guns over the internet. First from Ordnance Outsellers and two from SCP Firearms. Steve is the best. Buy with complete and total confidence from either vendor.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just wanted to say a BIG "Thank You" to all of you that responded. After shopping around, I found a great deal at CDNN.

Should have the new pistol in a few days. Thanks again for all the help. I saved a little over $100 over buying local and I got 3 mags instead of just 2.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
886 Posts
Go with CDNN. Good folks to work with and their prices are very competitive. I've purchased several handguns from them without any issues.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts