HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After purchasing my HK 45C, I was kicking the idea around of getting a full sized 45 "Big Brother". I was hoping to find something in a colored frame or stainless slide, just something different. No luck, always a day late and a dollar short. I had thought about getting one of the used USP 45's from CDNN and save myself some money. I got up this morning and said I was going to call them Monday and order one. As it so happens, my LGS was having a BBQ/Sale today and being friends with the owners/staff I went down to give them a hand with the BBQ side of it. I walked in the door and then the skies parted, an HK 45 &&& an HK USP T sitting side by side on the shelf. They just took them in last night on consignment. We came to an agreement on prices and put them off to the side until the end of the day. Long story short I got the USP T, I thought it was too good to pass up and would be harder to get down the line, especially since it is an AF date code, was unfired and in the original HK tactical case with a total of 3-12 round mags, 2 comp tac mag carriers, the flash hider, 2 extra O rings for the flash hider and 4 O rings for the barrel along with the cleaning kit, lock and other bag goodies. I had originally planned to buy both but surprised myself when at the last moment decided not to take the HK45 as well. I figured I could get one of those at any time and didn't need to spend that kind of money in one day. Especially since when I left my house I was just going to a BBQ!!

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Very nice! If you're like me though, the thought of that poor HK45 sitting all alone might be too much to handle. Things like that keep me up at night. That's a sweet tac case too!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice! If you're like me though, the thought of that poor HK45 sitting all alone might be too much to handle. Things like that keep me up at night. That's a sweet tac case too!
Like I said, I was surprised at myself. I think knowing that I was the last one to leave the store, and could be the first one there Monday morning if I just couldn't bear the thought of making that hk45 an orphan, made it a little easier on me for tonight at least.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Nice acquisition! Enjoy budd

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nice acquisition! Just curious about what price the hk45 is in your area? I've been looking around for one locally but nowhere is below $980, most over a grand. My bargain hunting will-power is wearing thin, haha.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice acquisition! Just curious about what price the hk45 is in your area? I've been looking around for one locally but nowhere is below $980, most over a grand. My bargain hunting will-power is wearing thin, haha.
Lowest $800 up to $1000. Used. I have seen them twice for $800 used in very good shape.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great score...and +1000 for buying local...enjoy it!
I know sometimes I spend a little more than if I bought online, but I do like to support my local shops whenever possible(the one's that are realistic anyway). I only buy online if the difference in price is out of reach for my LGS, or if it is a hard to find item.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Very nice! Congrats. The USP. Tactical is one of my favorite HK pistols. She looks great!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Great score...and +1000 for buying local...enjoy it!
I know sometimes I spend a little more than if I bought online, but I do like to support my local shops whenever possible(the one's that are realistic anyway). I only buy online if the difference in price is out of reach for my LGS, or if it is a hard to find item.
You might be surprised how much you don't save. pay for shipping to your local dealer, pay the local dealer's transfer fees, and you've usually lost your savings. Plus you don't have the support relationship that you get from buying local.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dude that is awesome, congrats! I guess its always good to be buddies with the guys at the gunshop. It's great you found the whole package just as it should be :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Very nice addition to the HK45c.

I wouldn't have had the will power to turn down the fullsize HK45 and would've left with both. Especially since I'm waiting for my HK45 to come in.

Enjoy the USPT. My USP45 is my pride and joy :)

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts

I wouldn't have had the will power to turn down the fullsize HK45 and would've left with both. Especially since I'm waiting for my HK45 to come in.

^ This. You did walk out of there with one of the best 45acp pistols that has ever been forged though. The USPT 45 is a tack driver. I am holding out for one myself. I have another HK45c, 2 HK45's, and some P30's on my list, but I really do want a colored frame (OD or TAN) USP T 45.

Great grab! And everything happens for a reason, and I am glad I get to say that for something good this time.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I am in the same predicament as you have a lonely hk45c and he needs a bigger colored brother preferably uspt tan or od maybe even a mark 23 if I can find one!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Speak of the devil! Uspt tan in heads up section! Too bad I Have to wait 30 days between purchases
is it between "purchase" or between "transfer"? Pay for it, have it shipped to your local dealer, and then let it set in his/her vault for the requisite time period. I'm not a fan of waiting periods of any kind, but there's a possible way of working with it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Believe me it was not an easy thing for me to do. Did I forget to mention that on my way to said BBQ that I had to stop at the Post Office to pick up a package that needed a signature. The contents---10 HK45C magazines I ordered from Mike at Cross Creek Guns(lahilljack). Just the tally for the day if I got both plus the cost of the mags I picked up was making my head spin, so I had to back off the HK45. Now I am fighting another inner struggle. I got a good deal on the USPT, but it is unfired, I could turn around and sell it for a profit, then go get the HK45, or go to the range today and put a few hundred down the pipe and keep it????

1 - 20 of 29 Posts