HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have recommendations for a good trigger pack for an mke z5rs? need something with a lighter pull and less play/smoother. not really sure what is out there that says HK but will fit in this gun and can't seem to find anything that specifically says MKE.

any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am in the process of making my own. It will use the same four US 922r parts as the packs linked above, and a mix of surplus and new foreign parts from HKparts/RTGparts for the rest. It'll end up costing me ~$170 when all said and done, and a little over $200 when including the metal SEF lower and wood grip. It did take quite a while to figure out what parts I needed and pick them out but the finished product will be so worth it!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my z5rs has a pretty decent stock trigger
If you shoot a lot of properly configured guns, you'd think it's grainy, sloppy, and heavy. ex. my 1911 has a 3.25# tigger with 1/8" travel and feels like you're pressing a button on a ferrari. the mke feels more like shifting a 1977 chevy truck with three on the tree when you're moving between targets and trying to keep the slop at bay.

I have no problem transitioning between 1" circle targets at 5 yards in a rapid fire with the stock trigger and iron sights, but it's near impossible for me at 10 yards because of the trigger.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I replaced the trigger, hammer, and sear on mine with the 922r US parts from HKparts and it made a world of difference, tons better than stock.

·
Vendor
727 Posts
We get this often...

I replaced the trigger, hammer, and sear on mine with the 922r US parts from HKparts and it made a world of difference, tons better than stock.
Yes, our 922R parts combo will in fact make for a better trigger pull over the 90 series stock trigger pack. The US made trigger pack is icing on the cake to a great fire control box. Glad to hear you like the results.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been pulling together the 922R parts for my trigger pack as well. I'm a bit mystified though - I detail stripped my Z-5RS trigger pack in order to install the US made hammer, trigger and sear. I also acquired the US made trigger box to bring my US parts total to four (a charging handle and foreend will complete my 922R obligations). However, reassembly in the new trigger box has proven difficult. I can't seem to fit this part (listed as Friction Sear Catch) from the Z-5RS into the US pack. There just isn't room for it in the US box.

Any advice?

·
Vendor
727 Posts
Really should not be present in any semi trigger pack...

I've been pulling together the 922R parts for my trigger pack as well. I'm a bit mystified though - I detail stripped my Z-5RS trigger pack in order to install the US made hammer, trigger and sear. I also acquired the US made trigger box to bring my US parts total to four (a charging handle and foreend will complete my 922R obligations). However, reassembly in the new trigger box has proven difficult. I can't seem to fit this part (listed as Friction Sear Catch) from the Z-5RS into the US pack. There just isn't room for it in the US box.

Any advice?
The friction sear catch (also referred to as sear to some) is not needed and should not be used. For some reason MKE still has the sear catch in the trigger pack. It really should not have been allowed to remain but that is another discussion entirely.

·
Registered
125 Posts

Any advice?
When I was planning all the parts for assembling a new trigger pack based around the US-made parts for 922r, I also became very confused when using my MKE pack as a guide. Every time I tried to replicate every part in that pack, the parts I was finding online kept saying they were for full-auto builds and were not needed for semi trigger packs. But there they were in my factory MKE pack. Needless to say I was worried. After a little bit more research I concluded that the trigger packs for the MKE's are indeed semi-only, but boiled-down from the full-auto counterparts in a different way than most other legal semi-trigger packs available to us here in the states.

I've seen several people ask similar questions on this forum and others, so for their sake and anyone else who was in my confused position a few months ago I will list all the parts I bought to make a brand new trigger pack for my MKE:

US made Trigger box
Trigger Spring
Ejector Lever Spring
Ejector Lever Pivot Pin
Semi-only Sear Spring
Hammer Shank
Hammer Spring
Hammer Pivot Pin
Sear/Trigger Pivot Pins x2
Ejector Lever
Trigger
Sear
Hammer

If you're just trying to transfer the parts from your factory MKE pack over to the US-made trigger box, all you have to do is get rid of the original sear spring (this) and replace it in the new box with the semi-only sear spring (this) that you can buy from most HK parts suppliers for ~$20. You can also get rid of the sear catch (this) as it's not used at all in the new semi box. I am by no means an expert on this stuff so If I made a mistake, someone please correct me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you shoot a lot of properly configured guns, you'd think it's grainy, sloppy, and heavy. ex. my 1911 has a 3.25# tigger with 1/8" travel and feels like you're pressing a button on a ferrari. the mke feels more like shifting a 1977 chevy truck with three on the tree when you're moving between targets and trying to keep the slop at bay.

I have no problem transitioning between 1" circle targets at 5 yards in a rapid fire with the stock trigger and iron sights, but it's near impossible for me at 10 yards because of the trigger.
Except that a Ferrari shouldn't use buttons to shift, it should have a three pedal transmission. Sports cars with an autotragic transmission pose a serious hazard, they may cause the owner to yawn themselves to death. When making an analogy, stay within the realm of logic, for instance, "While the stock trigger feels as clumsy as the gargantuan throw of the shift lever on a New-Holland tractor, a well set up gun will feel as slick as the gear lever on an Aston-Martin." See? Apples and apples comparisons are better.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Except that a Ferrari shouldn't use buttons to shift, it should have a three pedal transmission. Sports cars with an autotragic transmission pose a serious hazard, they may cause the owner to yawn themselves to death. When making an analogy, stay within the realm of logic, for instance, "While the stock trigger feels as clumsy as the gargantuan throw of the shift lever on a New-Holland tractor, a well set up gun will feel as slick as the gear lever on an Aston-Martin." See? Apples and apples comparisons are better.
The fact that you went out of your way to unnecessarily provide feedback on an irrelevant observation both honors and humors me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
How in the world would anyone know which parts are complaint or not. Sure wouldn't know by taking a peek. The gun would need to be confiscated and torn down for analysis to ever get someone in trouble and I don't see that happening. Just saying.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Guess im good at shifting the 77 truck.. comes with experience with the platform. What do u expect a tuned Jewell in a budget repo?

·
Registered
87 Posts
How in the world would anyone know which parts are complaint or not. Sure wouldn't know by taking a peek. The gun would need to be confiscated and torn down for analysis to ever get someone in trouble and I don't see that happening. Just saying.
That's because it's literally never happened. 922r was written for importers, and as much as the ATF would like us to comply, there's really no way to see it done. I've bought plenty of US parts that weren't marked US, so it's basically just your word. If they really cared what the little people did they could have a field day with everyone who's ever bought a high-cap magazine for their stock SKS.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts