HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My PTR .308 pistol that served as the host for my HK auto sear - dubbed the Thunderstick by the range officers - finally gave up the ghost after many, many full-auto mag dumps through its 12+ inch barrel. The receiver split open from mag well to ejection port. I briefly considered having it welded, but decided that after all those rounds a new pistol was in order. I went with another PTR .308, this time with an eight-inch barrel. The Thunderstick II again has a Surefire brake, but instead of an HK stock, I installed a Magpul PRS adjustable stock. The big change is on the inside, where to contend with the considerable recoil and internal parts wear I added a polymer buffer. The original buffer still had to be in place to attach the Magpul stock, so a little Dremeling and some longer screws were necessary to make both buffers fit and coexist. But it was well worth the effort for both recoil management and the long-term health of the weapon. The result is the Thunderstick II, and I am lovin' it. And it hasn't split open even once.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
The definition of insanity.

:biggrin:

I got a Vector V51 pistol years ago. Shot it enough to figure out that the locking piece needed to be changed to make it work correctly in FA with a stock attached. My dealer had one that worked fine and we took them to the range one day just to debug mine. Ended up systematically changing out each part until we found the one from his that made mine work. The weird thing was that mine worked fine with the cap on the end, but the stock was the problem. His had a different locking piece that solved the problem.

The things are definitely flame throwers though. It'll be even worse now that you have that shorter barrel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flamethrowers indeed. And this is the old gun with the longer barrel.

Heat Sky Fire Atmosphere Flame

·
Registered
93 Posts
My friends have made fun of me for wanting something like this. I wasn't sure if I was just odd. Now I want that more than ever.

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
My friends have made fun of me for wanting something like this. I wasn't sure if I was just odd. Now I want that more than ever.
Being odd is greatly underrated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thaunk - You need new friends. I mean, how many people have hats made to celebrate their favorite full-auto firearm? The run of 25 hats went very quickly to friends and range officers, and are highly sought after.

Gun Airsoft Airsoft gun Trigger Recreation

1 - 9 of 9 Posts