HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While waiting to finish the UMP conversion, I got a little restless. So here's a shot of my brand new Colt 6450 9mm carbine. Nowhere near what my MP5 is but a nice secondary. Anyway, just thought I'd share. Mods please don't delete. There is an HK in this picture!!!

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree Tony. Still doesn't compare to the 5 though.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The "new" Colts are really nice, especially with the Rogers Superstock!!! :wink:

Tony
Tony: Did they make any improvements to the Colt 9mm mags? I've got a Colt 9mm SBR. Think I've had it about 20 years now. Magazines are not thumb-busters...they're thumb breakers! I've got around 20 of them (20 and 32 rounders). Several years ago found a Safariland loaders which eases the pain.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tony: Did they make any improvements to the Colt 9mm mags? I've got a Colt 9mm SBR. Think I've had it about 20 years now. Magazines are not thumb-busters...they're thumb breakers! I've got around 20 of them (20 and 32 rounders). Several years ago found a Safariland loaders which eases the pain.
I'll answer that echo. NO!!! Holy crap. These things'll kill ya! They really are tough. I need some kinda loader. I'm not a puss when it comes to loading mags either but these are freaking horrendous.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'll answer that echo. NO!!! Holy crap. These things'll kill ya! They really are tough. I need some kinda loader. I'm not a puss when it comes to loading mags either but these are freaking horrendous.
Nothing comes close in my experience. UZI is rough but nothing compared to the Colt. I'll be talking to Safariland sales rep next week (I'm in the training group). I will check and see if they still make the mag loader for the Colt and advise you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Another option:ttp://www.midwayusa.com/product/855269/maglula-lula-magazine-loader-and-unloader-colt-smg-ar-15-9mm-luger

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks echo!! Man, that'll be a big help.

·
Banned
34,575 Posts
The Colt 9mm magazines are "rough" on the fingers, and the loader/unloader you suggested is needed!!! :biggrin:
No improvements as to loading, but as far as function, the best "factory" magazines are the pre-94, with the chrome followers. :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tony, so far out of about 80 rounds I put through her the other night, she's eaten everything with zero hiccups.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts