HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a NIB 9mm P9S a few months ago and it's been sitting in the safe ever since. I bought it just to re-sell it at a later date...I had no particular interest in the model or caliber. I took it out tonight to oil it and I noticed that it's not a 9mm...it's a 45 ACP. It took me a minute to digest that fact. I bought it thinking it was a 9mm...but the mags, the box, the original factory target...are all marked 45. It was a nice surprise...now I want to keep it!

·
Registered
410 Posts
wow. how could you buy a NIB HK and not stare at it and molest it for days, and resist abusing it in the range? most require tremeandous discipline...

·
Registered
419 Posts
I bought a NIB 9mm P9S a few months ago and it's been sitting in the safe ever since. I bought it just to re-sell it at a later date...I had no particular interest in the model or caliber. I took it out tonight to oil it and I noticed that it's not a 9mm...it's a 45 ACP. It took me a minute to digest that fact. I bought it thinking it was a 9mm...but the mags, the box, the original factory target...are all marked 45. It was a nice surprise...now I want to keep it!
Pics or it didn't happen. :wink:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a bunch of other guns at the same time and I really intended to just sell it so it was last on the list of things to play with. I've shot most of the other guns a whole bunch but never really thought about that one. Now I'm torn...do I shoot it or keep in it's current NIB condition?

I'll see if I can get some pics up tomorrow. It's funny how that one little fact changed my entire opinion about the gun.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I would buy it too but if I were you I would keep it.

I had the same issue with my HK USP Custom Combat. I wanted to sale it and just stick with Glocks but then I had another HK, then another and now a 4th.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
wow. how could you buy a NIB HK and not stare at it and molest it for days, and resist abusing it in the range? most require tremeandous discipline...
This has been me the last few nights since I received my P9s!

Nice discovery gunapalooza!

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
It's worth a whole lot more if it is actually NIB than it is if you shoot it. Since you bought it to make money on anyway, sell it to someone who will keep the increasingly rare pistol in pristine shape instead of turning it into just another shooter. There are tons of shooters out there, but an actual NIB P9S .45, not hardly. Unless you just like turning a great investment into just a so-so one. In that case, remind me not to use you as my investment advisor!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thought I'd dig this thread up from the grave. I think the P9S has been shot...the only way I can really tell is that the serial number on the barrel is faded. It's either from the slide being racked a bunch over the years or it's had some rounds through it. I can't tell for sure that it's been shot but if it has, it was very little. It's a super clean gun. At any rate, I decided I'd part ways with it and I put it up on Gunsamerica. I thought the afficianado's on the HK site might want to know it's out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts