HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is my first post on hk pro and this is my first hk type rifle so forgive my long post.I got my c93 used from a local dealer, looked to be in good shape minus the cheap tan paint the previous owner had used on the furniture and flash suppressor.It was veeeeery dirty so I'm just gonna assume it had been shot a few times but the bolt gap was at .008 and from what I understand that's about "spec" for century no ground bolt nothing out of the ordinary accept it had the cut out for the paddle mad release.Thanks to this site I was able to give it a real once over and make sure it was ok before shot it and it works grate thank god.I realy have fallen for this thing it might replace my gallil as my favorite pkinker.I like doing my own "smithing" and I use that word loosely but thanks to hk pro and you guys this rifle has been nothing but fun to tinker with.I got some plus two rollers that put at .012 bolt gap and some new furniture she's a real beaut.

·
Registered
10,250 Posts
Bwahahaha... we got another one.

Welcome to your new addiction. That won't be your last HK clone.

Ummm... is that some sort of night vision pic? Kinda dark, shadowy and... green. Well, at least you follered da rulez... pics or it didn't happen. Congrats, and keep a bit of an eye on the bolt gap. Since you've been eyeballin' the posts here, you know what to do if it falls too low.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes sir shattered I'm already lookin into a c93 pistol I hear tax stamp so much on here I feel like I need one.As far as nite vision goes no its not my room just gives that effect....I don't know why haha.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I looks like you got one of the older ones. It is on a SW receiver not on a Hesse receiver. Best money invested at this point is sending it out to have a paddle mag release installed on it.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Must stop clicking these links cause all I have so far is a new US made barrel and a wish list

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
I looks like you got one of the older ones. It is on a SW receiver not on a Hesse receiver. Best money invested at this point is sending it out to have a paddle mag release installed on it.
And a good trigger job

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
lockdun1,
Welcome to the addiction of roller lock firearms. Keep an eye on your Bolt gap. If she starts to shrink for you, then you might want to consider some options. I would get in contact with Jeff Walters if you have any issues with that c93 and he can explain your options. He has them figured out. I would also talk to jeff as well before you purchase a C53. Find out if he knows the skinny on them. Good luck & welcome again.
Dj

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good idea guys I've seen some threads about Bill.The trigger is not what I'm used to at all as I've only had AK's with g2 trigger groups an9d ar's.I realy want the paddle mag release it looks sweet.if i do have him do a trigger for me i want a new lower all together I don't like the feel of the factory one one bit.Any suggestions?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes sir Djf.I am actually quite familiar with Jeff as i am a golani owner and have worked with him before but was unaware that he worked on the c93 untill I saw all the threads on here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
We have a dealer down here that I know well.I shoot with his sons he stocks nothing but mil surplus hes got everything u can get hk wise I've even seen a real hk mp10 exept the c93 I don't know why...I got this bad bad boy with scope and claw mount 2 mags no bayonet from a local sportting goods slash pawn shop that's well known in my area whom I am also in good with the owners sons lol.I try n buy local even if its alittle over priced cuz it helps me as much as it helps them.Being buddys with these guys gets me the low down on good deals and good finds got a colt lightweight 1911 for 500 bucks used it had never been shot.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Try to be ABSOLUTELY SURE the dealer/gunsmith knows HK's. Lots of them will say anything to get the work!! A five minute chat with him (or her) should QUICKLY tell you if the "SMITH!" knows anything about assembling the Parts.
If that gap gets MUCH lower than the .009" it now is, you'd best order yourself a set of +4, +6 and +8 rollers.
Would almost bet that after around 100-200 or more rounds (I REALLY HOPE NOT!) downrange the gap shrinks, although you might be one of "THE FEW" lucky ones to get s correct gun!!
Welcome to HKPro and be prepared to spend some more money on Roller Lock Guns! There's NOTHING like them!
Don't get discouraged if it shrinks BELOW tolerance, just send it to GHILLIE to start with, and then you will KNOW it's right (if properly maintained) for YEARS to come!!!!!
GOOD LUCK, and WELCOME!!!!!
BANGER53!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts