HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought things would come to a halt after getting married but this is my third HK in 2 months haha. Traded a Browning Citori shotgun for this one. Was a little skeptical cause he said it was never fired and like new but thought the case was aftermarket, but I barely used the Citori and have multiple other shotguns so went for it anyway. Just saw today that it may be a euro case, which makes me feel better. Hopefully someone here can verify. The seller said the original foam on the bottom was deteriorating so he replaced it. Was planning on shooting it today since I figured without the original case it wouldn't be collectible but now kind of having second thoughts. At some point today going to pick up a USPC .357 so that should take my mind off the MARK23 for a minute. DSCN0151.JPG DSCN0153.JPG DSCN0154.JPG DSCN0156.JPG

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also for future reference, how do I post pictures in threads where you can see the picture without clicking the link?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
i believe you got yourself a euro mark 23 with woodgrain euro case...very rare here in the US. that woodgrain euro case is very rare. KI has maritime finish.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Something special with the KI date code?
I don't know that it is particularly "special". It is an early model (third year of production) and has the maritime finish.

Yes that is the Euro case (it comes in black and the fake wood).

Nice gun. I never tire of seeing photos of MARK 23s.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Came with faux suppressor, flash hider, 2 10 round mags, mk23 key chain i think, manual and 2 green orings

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How do i find the importer? Grip panel has EP on it, dont see and date codes on the mags, where do they stamp the date code at?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So is this one i should hang on to and not shoot it since its never been shot or should i go ahead and have fun with it? Also whats a good estimate on value? I have about 1800 into it with the trade

·
Registered
360 Posts
You made a terrible, terrible trade.
That is the absolute worst year for Mk23's..........EVER.

But no worries, just send it to my address here in San Antone and I'll ship you the Mk23 I recently got in a trade that's only a year old or so.......lol.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
So is this one i should hang on to and not shoot it since its never been shot or should i go ahead and have fun with it? Also whats a good estimate on value? I have about 1800 into it with the trade
Depends. How long are you willing to hold onto it unfired?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Shoot it. You have a great pistol there that was designed to be fired and fired a lot. You will go broke in ammunition before the Mark 23 will give you a problem.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts