HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the stock assembly today. The A3 buttstock is the size of a monkey fist. This think just looks like it will hurt and slip up on my shoulder,. Maybe hit my jaw and rattle something loose. Do they make a buffer pad assembly that goes over this? Maybe something that has some actual padding instead of the meat grater hardened rubber thing they got on there now. Mine came from WhatACountry and is an actual HK, dated 1966, looks new, but has a gray park finish. Fits tight but not sure if I'll use it. I got buffer from Bill Springfield for it but have no idea how to take it apart. Anyway, a recoil pad would be good if anyone can point me in the right direction.

FYI- I also got one of his drop in trigger groups, it's very light, no take up, more of a target trigger than a combat trigger.

7n6

·
Registered
416 Posts
It won't slide up... Those 1/4" hard rubber spikes will grab a hunk of flesh. The G3 A3 stock is best for photo ops and for taking freeloaders to the range so they don't want to shoot all your ammo.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Well I got the stock assembly today. The A3 buttstock is the size of a monkey fist. This think just looks like it will hurt and slip up on my shoulder,. Maybe hit my jaw and rattle something loose. Do they make a buffer pad assembly that goes over this? Maybe something that has some actual padding instead of the meat grater hardened rubber thing they got on there now. Mine came from WhatACountry and is an actual HK, dated 1966, looks new, but has a gray park finish. Fits tight but not sure if I'll use it. I got buffer from Bill Springfield for it but have no idea how to take it apart. Anyway, a recoil pad would be good if anyone can point me in the right direction.

FYI- I also got one of his drop in trigger groups, it's very light, no take up, more of a target trigger than a combat trigger.

7n6
Could you post a pic? I have one for my 1966 41 and it is not stapmed and would like to see what it should look like.
Thanks

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys I can pics up later this week once my other HK91 arrives. However I have awesome news. I found a buttstock pad that fits this buttstock. I have one here at the house for my AK's and it fits. However it will need a piece of rubber inside the bottom edge (like an old inner tube folded) to keep it from rocking but otherwise this will work for the horrid monkey fist collapsible A3 stock...

FSE USA Online Recoil Pad for AK type rifles

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just tried the FSE buttstock pad on my HK91 with it's A3 style stock and it fits. I am going to cut a piece of bike innertubing to make a wedge for where the A3 stock curves in. This way the FSE recoil pad won't rock. It works with the stock open and closed but will need a little longer piece of strap to tie it down.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Send the stock to bill. Pay for the install. Not what you want to hear but it was made to rattle your filing in your teeth.....LOL

By the way before you send it out to have the newer buffer installed go shot it once with the older system, it's something that you have to experience just once, then you can say I remember when.......

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
All this discussion of monkey fists and butt pads is making me a little nervous around here...... :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts