HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this Vector V89K pistol in June, NIB from a dealer friend of mine. I noticed right away that the bolt carrier was "catching" on the case deflector making it difficult at times to charge the weapon. I could of fixed it myself by drimeling off some of the deflector, but desided to send it back to Vector and let them do the work. I am glad I did, I called them up and they paid for shipping both ways.

I put a note inside the box listing the carrier issue and a few other little "gripes". I ask if they could look at the small gap and tight rear pin where the rear plate attaches, touch up the finish on the scope mount lugs (I scratched up the finish trying to install a B&T mount), and to look at the 3 lug barrel end (I was having a hard time getting a HK flash hider to slip over the lugs). My main concern was the carrier/case deflector issue as I had not shot the gun yet because of carrier catching.

Well 4 days after UPS picked up the gun I got a phone call from Rex (he manages the returns) to let me know the V89 arrived. I was ready to defend myself with the carrier issue. To my surprise, Rex said this gun should have never left the factory in that condition! He appoligized and went through the rest of the list with me. Most other companies would try to make you feel it was your fault for any of the guns problems, not Vector.

He was honest about a reurn time (came out to 3 weeks), said he had guys on vacation and just busy with the sumertime shooting season. I also asked Rex, since you have the gun, could you thread the muzzle to a 1/2X28 so I could soon make the gun into a PDW clone. Rex said no problem and quoted me a very reasonable price.

I got the gun back this week, and could not be happier. Carrier/case deflector fixed. They replaced the lower housing with one that fits perfect, and the little gap is gone (I sent it in with the SEF lower, but came back with a new SF lower), They refinished the weapon, and the threading turned out fantastic! Oh, and it was sent back to me with no charge for anything, including the threading!

Here is how it looks now, with some close ups of the muzzle. I am not worried about the SF lower change, I don't have a auto sear pack yet. The gun does have the Vector F/A carrier though. I plan on doing more business with Vector, based upon my experience with them. I took it out last night and did 200 rounds trouble free and gun was sighted in from the time i got it. The only chang i have done is replace the hammer spring with a 9MM one, and swapped my 94 DOJ "Castle Top" rear sight to the Vector.

Rick

·
Registered
71 Posts
awesome. it looks great im looking had to try and find a sp89 clone that i can do similar to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts