HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the Vector V93 today at my local FFL

Seems quality, I would like the safety to be a little tighter, but it's a minor thing.

Looking forward to shooting it soon.

Here it is....

Got a sling and 2 extra mags coming off the WTS forums here.

Can't believe how light the rifle is, makes an AR seem heavy!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Nice! I love mine!!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Inside the safety lever there's a piece of steel that acts as a detent and engages the housing. Maybe if you could bend that piece out a little bit it would tighten up the safety like you want. Just a little will do. Don't over do it as the piece may break, I suspect it's spring steel and being bent kinda offends it. But the tiny amount it will need should be very easy to do.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Looks FANTASTIC! Congratulations.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Inside the safety lever there's a piece of steel that acts as a detent and engages the housing. Maybe if you could bend that piece out a little bit it would tighten up the safety like you want. Just a little will do. Don't over do it as the piece may break, I suspect it's spring steel and being bent kinda offends it. But the tiny amount it will need should be very easy to do.
would I need to take the safety out of the lower to do this?

·
Registered
228 Posts
would I need to take the safety out of the lower to do this?
It's really simple, just rotate the lever up past safe until it is vertical and it will slide out the side and the whole trigger pack can be removed, no parts will fall out, the selector removes just like the AK's if you're familiar with it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
119 Posts
Picked up the Vector V93 today at my local FFL

Seems quality, I would like the safety to be a little tighter, but it's a minor thing.

Looking forward to shooting it soon.

Here it is....

Got a sling and 2 extra mags coming off the WTS forums here.

Can't believe how light the rifle is, makes an AR seem heavy!

Congrats, looks like a nice rifle!

Surprised though that you say it's light --- I thought these were on the heavy side. What does your V93 weigh, can you confirm?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I thought the exact same thing when picking up a c93 at the gun shop the other day. Way lighter than i thought it would be. I guess I was so surprised because a few minutes earlier I picked up the genuine mp5a3 and remarked at how much heavier it seemed than my mp5k clone. Might have even been heavier than the c93. Anyone know why the genuine hk has more weight to it than a clone? Thicker receiver steel?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
What AR's are you guys shooting? Granted a 20" HBAR is likely to weigh more but a plain Jane M4 or carbine with pencil barrel surely doesn't weigh more than a 93. I had a c93 and it was a heavy bugger.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What AR's are you guys shooting? Granted a 20" HBAR is likely to weigh more but a plain Jane M4 or carbine with pencil barrel surely doesn't weigh more than a 93. I had a c93 and it was a heavy bugger.
I agree. I've shot them directly one after another and by V93 is much heavier than a buddy's AR (I don't own one). To make a fair comparison though, I was holding a full 40 rd mag vs his 30 rd mag, and being that he isn't a mall ninja his rifle is fairly simple with just an aimpoint.

To the OP I hope you enjoy the rifle. I've had mine for year and a half now and have never had any problems with it. It'll eat the cheap stuff just fine. Next thing on my list is the forearm w/ bipod setup.

·
Registered
388 Posts
My HK93 is definitely heavier than my ARs, and that's with the ARs having 12" railed Daniel Defense forends, Surefires, optics and BUIS. Now, that being said, the weight of the 93 is directly comparable to that of the piggy MR556.

·
Banned
58 Posts
My AR dressed with aimpoint,quad rail and tac light and foward grip weighs less then my Vector with scope.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I like my V-93, allows me to keep my HK 93 pristine. I have picked up a couple of C93s but must confess I don't care for the feel of the pistol grip...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts