HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of new to H&K but liked the USP I bought so I might have gottent taken. I bought a rifle I was told was an HK91. It came with an extra barrell, 9 mags two extra buttstocks and recoil springs all for $600.00. Obviously when I got it it's receiver was stamped Century Arms, however The barrel has an HK stamp and it also came with an interesting trigger group that was not in the gun. I had a friend look at the whole thing and he said their were some HK91's imported by Century when the old ban took place that did not have a certain portion of the full-auto receiver disabled. According to this friend these guns were grandfathered by the ATF. I have fired the gun several times now and love it (it is thank goodness semi-auto) but the trigger group that came with is supposedly full auto enabled so that if I got my class3 all I would need would be the sear to fully enable that function. Have been taken for a ride?

·
2,831 Posts
sounds like a HK parts kit on a Century reciever, not really up on those but the price seems OK

almost sure it wont work in full auto with the other trigger pack.

your friend is thinking of the VERY VERY early HK 41(pre 91), back in the early 1960's imported by Golden State Arms

http://hkpro.com/hk41/hk41.htm

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
600$ is not a bad deal for a century with all the extra stuff you got.

to my knowledge century never imported factory H&K's if it was a real H&K it would have all of the H&K markings like HK91 or 41 also the proof marks etc.. but it would list century on the right side of the receiver as the importer.

some EARLY imports by golden state arms i beleive had the front pushpin in the receiver but were modified not to take the full auto pack (look in world of H&K on this website and check out the 41) as far as haveing an extra trigger pack that is full auto AND CAPABLE of being installed and functioning on the gun unless you alredy have a NFA REGISTERED sear GET RID OF THAT PACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!! it is considered an unregistered machinegun.

even if the pack doesent have a sear in it but is still capable of accepting one and being installed onto the rifle GET RID of it until you have a registered sear.

i wouldent say you've been taken for a ride, for 600$ but most likely its not all factory H&K

hope this helps a little

EDIT: land pimp beat me to the punch :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I was pretty sure for the price it wasn't HK but the info on the other trigger pack concerned me. Any suggestions on how best to get rid of it? should just destroy it?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
it depends on if it is converted or not, it may just be a semi auto pack in a frame that has the full auto markings and modified to fit a semi gun. its very common to do, (do a search for CLIP AND PIN) post some pics of the inside of the trigger pack if you can,

if you dont know how to take it apart rotate the safty selector upward past safe and it will come loose, pull the lever out and grab the hammer and pull upward the trigger componets slide right out in one piece. if you can get pics of that specific group we can determin for sure

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
scope mounts

Haven't decided for sure but am thinking of scoping my C91 - any idea's for scope clamps? It's kind of fun on Iron Sights so I still haven't deceided.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Thanks guys, I was pretty sure for the price it wasn't HK but the info on the other trigger pack concerned me. Any suggestions on how best to get rid of it? should just destroy it?
Find out what it is for sure (you could take the pack out of the frame and post some pics here, one of us can tell you what it is), and then sell it. It could be worth anywhere from $100 - $300 depending on exactly what it is.

You could sell it here, sturmgewehr, gunbroker, etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took some pics today - I'll have my wife post them (Believe I used run a SOFLAM?) when she gets home. Thanks for all your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts