HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
It’s pretty simple. The lem install instructions show everything you need. No need to remover hammer/axle. But take out hammer spring to remove tension. Then just slide out the sear axle and switcharoo

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do I need to remove the safety / decocker?

I recently installed the ambidextrous versions on my pistols, and really hate dealing with tiny roll pins...

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
No, that can stay in . Your just sliding out sear axle. Help to get hammer tension off sear. You could release hammer spring or stuff something in trigger guard to press trigger a little.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Some consensus may be correct, however…I believe that HK recommends never reusing any roll pins for any purpose.

We all begrudgingly pay top dollar for legendary HK quality, and reliability. Why in the world would we want to cheap out at that point.

What is the cost benefit to not changing it? It could be none, but it may very well leave you with a defensive weapon that is less reliable than it was before your “improvements”.

I am one of the most impatient people that I know of. I want things my way, and I want them now. I have been known to pay higher than normal prices at times to satisfy my impatience.

But with triggers I can’t see not doing them to the highest standards possible.

YMMV though.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
You actually replace the roll pin in the sear any and every time you pull the sear out ? The gray guns kit includes one that is slightly longer. The past debates have been about leaving the sear alone, or replacing with one from kit. I replaced mine, many claim the stock one works fine with the gg part

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I replaced it with the one that came with the kit.

I would have used a new pin if I were to use the HK one that was in it.

Mr Gray has an exemplary reputation within the HK community, and actually worked at HK as an armorer if I am not mistaken. So I have faith in his expertise on the subject.

I am anal and an ex boy scout spare parts whore, so I have enough pins to last several lifetimes. It is pretty easy for me to just replace it.

But like I said YMMV, I understand others may think differently. Nothing stating that I am correct and you are not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts