HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, newbie here, is there a gray guns rep here on the forum who can answer questions on problems with installing one of their kits?
or should just ask here on the forum?
searched but couldnt find my exact problem.
Thanks
Tim

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Hi, newbie here, is there a gray guns rep here on the forum who can answer questions on problems with installing one of their kits?
Thanks
Tim
they should have a tech support number you can call or you can always ask the question here on the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks
Tim
OK so I own a P30SK, SA/DA with the de cocker. Very happy with it! only thing i didn't like was the long reset, and the flex in the plastic trigger.
Got a Gray Guns short reset kit, installed it,(the plate only, didn't install the pin or spring) and was very happy with the results, greatly shortened the reset making it much more manageable. shot many rounds. no problems.
So I just got the flat trigger kit, and installed it too. and my problem is this: double action - works great, no problem. but the single action pulls all the way to the wall, then past to the end of the pull(still no bang) and only once its at the end of the pull travel, when you apply extra pressure! does it fire! with no travel movement in the trigger!??? what is going on???
im sure many people here have installed these, as they are very well known... anyone have this prob? and how did you solve it? (BTW sending it in o grey guns - is not an option for me)
Thanks in advance for any help:)
Tim

·
Registered
47 Posts
Are you saying you didn't install the longer roll pin that came with the SRS? You will need it to make the mechanism work properly.
Watch this video from 8:45 to 15:50 for an explanation of the importance of that roll pin included in the GG kit.

I installed the SRS and flat trigger on both, my P30SKS (converted to LEM) and P30L LEM, without issues.

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Definitely install the new sear pin.
Installing the GrayGuns FPBS that came with the kit will lower the pull weight a little. It also smooths out the DA pull. Kinda helps with the stacking too. If that’s something you’d want to try out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you saying you didn't install the longer roll pin that came with the SRS? You will need it to make the mechanism work properly.
Watch this video from 8:45 to 15:50 for an explanation of the importance of that roll pin included in the GG kit.

I installed the SRS and flat trigger on both, my P30SKS (converted to LEM) and P30L LEM, without issues.
No.. didn't install the pin.. it came with no instructions...
But I will watch the vid and see how to do it!
Thanks! 👍👍👍
Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, so finally had time to do it - replaced the original pin with the GG one!
didn't think it would help, the difference in the pin was so small, but amazing! totally fixed the problem! works like a charm now!
so I'm a happy camper :)
thanks so much for the info! great forum!
Tim
No.. didn't install the pin.. it came with no instructions...
But I will watch the vid and see how to do it!
Thanks! 👍👍👍
Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts