Votes: 52 63.4%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in the other poll the HK45 and HK45c both in Gray won, all be it with a pathetic showing. Two Polls will be posted for those who are truly interested. Polls I am assuming will have to show numbers of 250 pistols or greater so that we can give that number to straightgrain to see if HK is interested in making it happen. Please post in both threads if you would be truly interested in owning either.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,521 Posts
Gray HK45 COMPACT HKPRO Group Buy interest Poll

Wait? @straightgrain blessed this? Not to rain on your parade, but I don't think so.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Can't find the original post on whether or not it was for the gray tactical model. But yes, I am interested, especially in the tactical model. Interested in either group buy if it has traction, but possibly not both.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,744 Posts
I haven't "blessed" anything. There is absolutely no harm in determining preferences. And I am happy to present those preferences to HK. Whether *they* will bless it is a completely different matter. They have not had capacity to do a group buy for us in quite some time.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,502 Posts
Wait? @straightgrain blessed this? Not to rain on your parade, but I don't think so.
@sabre675 Miguel is right, this really should be blessed by SG at this point as you move from a "hey what would be a cool group buy gun" to a "I'm taking names for a group buy". Please IM SG and discuss this with him so it can be sanctioned and so you can move it out of the Handguns section into the Group Buy forum in the HKPRO MARKETPLACE where this belongs. In the past, I found him to provide wise counsel on approaching group buys.

Separately, I think it's a bit confusing to have two separate threads for a single group buy. Just do a single poll with both guns, but beyond a poll you need people to post numbers they are interested in (and can commit to) so you can tally up the actual numbers you have by name. Also, considering the dropout rate of these group buys (which take a long time) you should have +20% of your goal number of 250 (i.e. 300) people expressing interest, because when it's time to collect money, you can expect several folks to back out or just not respond to you.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,502 Posts
Oops, I see SG responded while I was tying that last post up!

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,521 Posts
Well if there is no harm, my last vote was for the HK45CT in grey with the HKpro logo on it. Not really interested in the HK45C as the HK Web Shop does not sell the 45C threaded barrel.

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
To keep this simple and not distract people with the possibility one of the threads becomes buried in traffic, with the other disappearing before people can see it.......I've merged the threads.

I didn't know the compact yes count before doing so. I know there were 6 yes's for the HK45, and unknown for the HK45c.

Vote for which ever one you voted for before to adjust the numbers. I've extended the poll dates so people can get their vote in. Use the poll to accurately indicate the numbers. Use the reply to indicate how many units you'd be interested in, or if you're interested in both.

Based on my experience, IF This gets green lit, then the HKpro engraving isn't optional, and the package is the package. There's no, HK45CT version. It's HK45 or HK45c with night sights and 3 mags. That's the package. The deal is the deal, no modifications unless HK says okay. The Group buys are logistical nightmares for straightgrain, he's a saint for doing all the stuff he does behind the scenes. This is to get the platform in your hot little hands, you can add and subtract things from there. They price is usually amazing, but that's up to HK. NO PROMISES

Step one, acquire numbers

Step two, acquire approval and blessing from straightgrain

Step three, propose Idea to HK with straightgrain's approval, and acquire their approval.

Step four, execute.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Never said SG approved anything. He and navyman chimed in eventually and advised what it would take as far as an assumed #. SG said he more less could ask and even then would probably take many months after. Re-read their posts. Can't ask if you don't have numbers to pitch. At this point there is too much variance and it isn't looking good. Was just trying to hopefully have a strong showing to give to HK if straightgrain chose to pitch it and if he felt like it was worth his time.... Did I word my opening statement as if this was a done deal and I was going ahead with a group buy.

@sabre675 Miguel is right, this really should be blessed by SG at this point as you move from a "hey what would be a cool group buy gun" to a "I'm taking names for a group buy". Please IM SG and discuss this with him so it can be sanctioned and so you can move it out of the Handguns section into the Group Buy forum in the HKPRO MARKETPLACE where this belongs. In the past, I found him to provide wise counsel on approaching group buys.

Separately, I think it's a bit confusing to have two separate threads for a single group buy. Just do a single poll with both guns, but beyond a poll you need people to post numbers they are interested in (and can commit to) so you can tally up the actual numbers you have by name. Also, considering the dropout rate of these group buys (which take a long time) you should have +20% of your goal number of 250 (i.e. 300) people expressing interest, because when it's time to collect money, you can expect several folks to back out or just not respond to you.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you sir.

To keep this simple and not distract people with the possibility one of the threads becomes buried in traffic, with the other disappearing before people can see it.......I've merged the threads.

I didn't know the compact yes count before doing so. I know there were 6 yes's for the HK45, and unknown for the HK45c.

Vote for which ever one you voted for before to adjust the numbers. I've extended the poll dates so people can get their vote in. Use the poll to accurately indicate the numbers. Use the reply to indicate how many units you'd be interested in, or if you're interested in both.

Based on my experience, IF This gets green lit, then the HKpro engraving isn't optional, and the package is the package. There's no, HK45CT version. It's HK45 or HK45c with night sights and 3 mags. That's the package. The deal is the deal, no modifications unless HK says okay. The Group buys are logistical nightmares for straightgrain, he's a saint for doing all the stuff he does behind the scenes. This is to get the platform in your hot little hands, you can add and subtract things from there. They price is usually amazing, but that's up to HK. NO PROMISES

Step one, acquire numbers

Step two, acquire approval and blessing from straightgrain

Step three, propose Idea to HK with straightgrain's approval, and acquire their approval.

Step four, execute.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would take:
1 HK45 Fullsize or
1 HK45c OR
Both if lightening were to strike twice

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
i would definitely take a full size....if it were to be a compact, i would most likely be interested as well.

·
Registered
623 Posts
The biggest response for a group buy was for the match 9mm and match 45... with more than 100 easily. And I know a few people not on this forum who would by one or more.

A grey SS match... that would get bank accounts drained worse than the IRS...

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.