HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the grayguns SRT on my USP, and the slide does not go back on unless I press down on the firing pin block while putting the slide on. It appears that the grayguns control latch makes contact with the firing pin block (red arrow) which is preventing me from putting the slide on. Is it possible that I got a control latch that is out of spec? I noticed it's a little bit wider than the OEM HK control latch. My USP was made in 2019 (BK date code) if that helps.

20190702_214524591_iOS_LI.jpg

20190707_133840929_iOS.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a couple of these kits, but I haven't run into this problem. There have been a couple times where I had to make sure the control latch was pushed down all the way before putting the slide on, though. The other thing that has been tripping people up is not installing the new sear roll pin all the way flush with the opposite side of the sear. I guess that can cause friction and binding issues.

·
Registered
466 Posts
like too sixty asked with one note. Did you install the FPB spring "correctly?" They can fall over or get trapped in the slide sometimes getting the firing pin and all lined up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you install the FPB spring that came with the kit?
Everything has been installed. That’s why I’m really puzzled as to what’s going on here. I could try taking down the FPB and putting the spring back in later today.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would definitely recommend tearing it all down and starting again. 9 times out of 10 something is just off a bit. I've installed many of these for customers and every now and then I run into a snag and have to go back to the beginning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would definitely recommend tearing it all down and starting again. 9 times out of 10 something is just off a bit. I've installed many of these for customers and every now and then I run into a snag and have to go back to the beginning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts