HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the "Complete HK USP" video DVD a while back and it talked about using a tiny bit of grease in one certain place. This is for the USP. Does any one know where they recommend using grease? I can't remember for the life of me. Seems like it was back with the sear or something? Anyway according to the DVD, they say that HK recommended it. Any one ever hear of this?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Im going to start using this on inside moving parts on my guns

http://www.pbblaster.com/store/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=23

Im so VERY impressed with their products and I want a dry lube
that looks like silicone. If it is I use silicone on my garage door and on the track for my vertical blinds. But I'm not ready to try it on a firearm.

The guy in the DVD used a small syringe device with grease and he was very specific that this one part should have grease on it... he said according to HK...he said.

·
Registered
66 Posts
PBblaster is the next godly product after duck tape and JB weld

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still trying to find out. Has anyone got or seen that video or know where they are recomending to put a tiny bit of grease instead of just oil?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I have a USP video, not sure if it is the same one. When I get home I will take a look and post what I find out.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I have the same video back in 2000 it is called Mastering The HK USP by Lenny Magill he states his gunsmithing folks tell him that the plate for the safety/decocker control lever can get stiff over time and so they recomend the tw25b which is what he uses in video very lightly on the detent plate. All of the products he used in the video sold under the name Kleen-Bore.
I will tell you when I mention this same question to my gunsmith he told me HK USP are alot tougher then that and the grease is probbly was not used when in combat so I should not need it as a ccw.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I have a USP video, not sure if it is the same one. When I get home I will take a look and post what I find out.
The video I have is by HK and is more of a commercial for the USP. It did show the clear USP (just the lower) it had more of a glass look to it than the pictures I have seen where it looks opaque. They also show a USP magazine that has a see through to brownish front end to see round count.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I have the same video back in 2000 it is called Mastering The HK USP by Lenny Magill he states his gunsmithing folks tell him that the plate for the safety/decocker control lever can get stiff over time and so they recomend the tw25b which is what he uses in video very lightly on the detent plate. All of the products he used in the video sold under the name Kleen-Bore.
I will tell you when I mention this same question to my gunsmith he told me HK USP are alot tougher then that and the grease is probbly was not used when in combat so I should not need it as a ccw.
Thats it! thanks Craiger. I was so new to the HK and hand guns when I saw the vid that I think my eyes glazed over when I saw that. RE the gun smith who says there combat tough, that's true. Guess all you need is a little mud and sand to lubricate them! LOL
In my never to be humble opinion there are many thing that can take a lot of abuse and still function, including people. But that doesn't mean you should go out of your way TO abuse them. What then should I just totally neglect my HK to better prove just how tough it is? May in never be! I'll still try to do quality maintenance with the best products and techniques. But I know if I do have a situation where it has to take some abuse, it will survive the day.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I use Break Free CLP to clean and lube my USP40C. You would never know I have over 7000 rounds through it. I have read up on the TW25b and if I were going into combat I would use it. I just learned of the pbblaster stuff and have no opinion yet.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Just another note. I live in the Palm Springs area where our summers get to 128 official in the shade tempatures. It's also very dry and sand, dust and grit permiate everything. so some of the things that our brothers in Iraq are learning are going to apply here too.
Thanks all! and hope you had a happy and blessed Thanksgiving

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does anyone have an opinion on Miltec; I love it on my 1911's but I'm thinking of getting some 10-8 performance lube and trying that. Thanks for the tip on PBblaster; it looks interesting.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Militec-1 is a good lube, but a terrible corrosion preventative.

If your gonna use it, use it with Break-Free, or something comparable. Ie. Weapon Shield which has out-cleaned and out-preserved Break-Free in some 3rd party tests.

I've been using Slip-2000, but I just ordered some Weapon Shield and Lithi-Shield.

The Lithi-Shield probly isn't necessary, but it looks like a really nice lithium complex grease. I generally like to use a good CLP to clean and then use something a little thicker on the rails.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've used Wilson's grease on my guns for years. Works well. Maybe I'm old school and should try some new stuff.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does anyone have an opinion on Miltec; I love it on my 1911's but I'm thinking of getting some 10-8 performance lube and trying that. Thanks for the tip on PBblaster; it looks interesting.
Militec is what my local gun shops recommend for us out here in the hot dry dusty desert. I've started using it, seems to be doing a good job, but I've only had my handgun for less than a year.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts