HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After killing a bunch of paper at the range today, I followed my usual routine of wandering around the shop, and drooling on many of the display cases. Well, I slobbered my way down to the 9MM section, and what do I spy but a P30!

It's the first one I've seen "in the flesh" so of course I had to paw it for a while. They only received the one example, but are looking forward to more.

The gun is much better looking than pictures would indicate. The grip panels are basically seamless in the grip, unlike the added on look that photos seem to present.

Speaking of the grip, I'm out on a limb here, but I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that this gun will go down in HK history as having the best grip that HK ever produced. I don't know which combination of panels were on this one, but it fit my hand like something I've never seen before. My USPc's fit my hand perfectly, but the grip on the P30 goes beyond comfort. The stippling they use is very attractive while still providing excellent purchase on the gun. You know, before the gun was available almost everyone decried the choice of grip design, but now that it's here I haven't read one negative comment yet. "Spidey" ain't so bad after all!

The new mag release is a thing of beauty, and if they can be retrofitted I'll probably put them on all my compacts.

Having said all this, I think HK really missed the mark with the sights. They kind of resemble the quality of factory sights on a Glock, and the yellow color is somewhat distracting. I imagine most of these will be replaced as soon as something commensurate with the quality of the gun is available.

The gun is a fair bit larger than an USPc, so it doesn't look like a good candidate as a carry piece, althought many people will I'm sure. The only drawback that is really noticeable is the serrated accessory rail. This feature has all the smoothness of a grappling hook, so presentation from concealment might be a challenge. Mike's price was $835.00+tax.

Next in line was a P7M8 anniversary model. Although I've never fired one, I've handled a few P7's before. Seeing pics of this gun and seeing the real thing makes for no comparison at all. This gun, with the walnut grips, is drop dead beautiful! It comes in a very nice black presentation case complete with a P7 coin. It's NIB and the owner won't even let his own employees touch it! It was priced at $1425.00+tax. I don't know if that's a fair price or not.

It was a good day for kicking tires...

ARKAY

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
I kinda liked the sights on the P30 they are a little bit bigger then I am used to but they grew on me very quickly once I had it at the range. The rail well...you maybe onto something there. I am still carrying it. I like it grapling hook, I mean rail and all.v:D

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Next in line was a P7M8 anniversary model. Although I've never fired one, I've handled a few P7's before. Seeing pics of this gun and seeing the real thing makes for no comparison at all. This gun, with the walnut grips, is drop dead beautiful! It comes in a very nice black presentation case complete with a P7 coin. It's NIB and the owner won't even let his own employees touch it! It was priced at $1425.00+tax. I don't know if that's a fair price or not.

It was a good day for kicking tires...

ARKAY

If that is the Jubliee model, you need to commit to buying that!! That isn't a bad price. TJ

·
Registered
67 Posts
ARKAY .357: I'm really interested in these new P30s. Sounds like they feel as good or better in the hand than the P2000, which is already leaps and bounds more comfortable than most.

As an aside, I wouldn't mind talking to Mike about this M8. Would it be possible to get his contact info? My email addy is [email protected]

Thanks. And let us know when you cave and pick up that P30. Take it easy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
ARKAY,
Does it look more pretty in the hand than the p2000 and the uspc ?
I have some concerns about the look of the slide...so many serrations i think.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
P7M8:

That sounds pretty low to me. I've seen the anniversary P7M8s for much higher...say the $2500 range. Is gun in the link similar?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=83281007

I've yet to fondle a P30 but I'm on the lookout.
Yes, identical. I'd buy it myself but it would be a shame to fire the thing, and since I'm not a collector I don't see the point in having a gun just to look at.

Best;

ARKAY

·
Registered
6 Posts
Next in line was a P7M8 anniversary model. Although I've never fired one, I've handled a few P7's before. Seeing pics of this gun and seeing the real thing makes for no comparison at all. This gun, with the walnut grips, is drop dead beautiful! It comes in a very nice black presentation case complete with a P7 coin.

Hey ARKAY, I'd really appreciate it if you could hook me up with Mike. If you don't mine, please email me the shop address/phone number. Thanks very much.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sold...

Hey ARKAY, I'd really appreciate it if you could hook me up with Mike. If you don't mine, please email me the shop address/phone number. Thanks very much.
Sorry, but the gun was purchased the other day by another member here on the board. Keep an eye out, it may come up for sale again.

Regards;

ARKAY

1 - 9 of 9 Posts